Predator G7-793 Touchpad not working Windows 10.

Pedruska
Pedruska Member Posts: 6 New User

I have a completely new Predator G9-793 Laptop.

When the computer runs it 1st time setup, I notice, Touchpad not working.

I plug in mouse in USB and continue. I proceed on to update Windows 10. , download all updates, then go to Acer own website and download all drivers. Install all drivers. Restart computer. Touchpad is still not working.

Touchpad can not be found under Control Panel, or Device Manager. It only shows/recognizes the temporary mouse I am using. Keyboard fn + 7 does show an icon at top of screen, but nothing more happens.

BIOS > MAIN does show "Touchpad", and give the option to chose between Basic and Advanced settings. There is no impact/difference regardless on which one may chose. Touchpad remain dead.

Any help?

Best Answer

• Pedruska
    Answer ✓

Contacted official Acer customer support, updated drivers, bios and reseted operating system. None helped so returned the computer as a faulty one and got sent a new one. I shall hope it is one of a million cases and the next computer of same model will work without error.

Answers

• PMiner
    PMiner Member Posts: 180 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Have you tried a reset yet?
  • Pedruska

As on, restart the computer, turn off > turn on? Many times.

I don't know whether it's related but Windows does also show one "updates are available" named: "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607". This thing requires restart. However, it does not instal itself with a restart.

So mark it two problems as for now.

• PMiner
    No, reset meaning reinstalling the OS
  • JackyBob
    JackyBob Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hello,

You can try tu update the Bios to 1.04

May be this new bios will solve you isue.

• Pedruska

And how do I do that with Windows 10?

Guess I am off to google.

----

Might be worth a try. I did spot the new BIOS version while checking for updates, but did not go ahead and click due to the warning "if you do not know what you're doing, you can probably murder your computer".

Which of the two would be better to try first?

• PMiner
    I would update the BIOS before reseting. updating the BOIS doesn't delete any files.
  • Pedruska
    Answer ✓

Contacted official Acer customer support, updated drivers, bios and reseted operating system. None helped so returned the computer as a faulty one and got sent a new one. I shall hope it is one of a million cases and the next computer of same model will work without error.