Loud buzzing noise from my V5-131

My laptop - just over a year old now - began making this noise. I of course assume it may be the fan or hard drive? The noise started last night. When I turned on my laptop again this morning, I can actually feel it whirring with the noise.

I tried wmic command prompt and got back that the drive is ok. I don't know how reliable that is. I'm glad I did backup for recovery and drivers...but what steps should I take? I'm quite worried. Any suggestions are appreciated!

FAQ & Answers

• philetusphiletus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Your other post said humming sound and here you're saying a loud buzzing. Does it sound like something rubbing the fan? Please just put your answers on one of the posts.

• erosarriving70erosarriving70 Member Posts: 7

I'm sorry for the hassle. Yes, I would say it is more like a buzzing. It does seem to be coming from the area where the fan may be - at least according to another post I read here about another model.

Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online596

brummyfan2
brummyfan2
cuckoo
cuckoo
Dazzyb
Dazzyb
fnmaster
fnmaster
guisys
guisys
Ian1117
Ian1117
ig2333
ig2333
JosePauloOliveira
JosePauloOliveira
Leostat
Leostat
lvnmymars6996
lvnmymars6996
OP3927
OP3927
Pyroglock
Pyroglock
Robertleo
Robertleo
ttttt
ttttt
Untitled
Untitled
Zeiler
Zeiler
+580 Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Here?

So, what are the rules of this place? Check out our Acer Community User Agreement. Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Assistance by Acer

Drivers &
Manuals

Acer
Answers

Get Product Information
( only)

Acer Support
Videos

Member Highlight

We are honored to have Leostat in the Acer Community. With their dedication, support and effort, Leostat has become one of the main collaborators. On behalf of our Acer Community Team and all of our users, we want to recognize and thank you for your dedication!

Total Posts and Comments: 1330

Total Points:4277

Total Accepted Answers: 164

Leostat Mainframe Wrangler