Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer E 15 Touchpad clicks on its own sometimes. Is that normal?

I purchased an Acer Aspire E 15 (E5-575G-53VG) Laptop on Saturday. The Touchpad clicks on it's own sometimes when I'm browsing a website or hovering over programs, files, etc. and will open them. Is that normal?  It happens several times a day.  I'm trying to figure out if it happens with most Touchpads due to Windows 10 compadibility issues or just my laptop. 

I've called Acer tech support several times with no luck. I've changed mouse settings (lowering double click speed), uninstalled the mouse and display drivers (then restarted laptop they installed automatcially), and added the Synaptics then ELANTECH drivers from Acer's website. I couldn't find the Synaptics and ELANTECH drivers in the Device Manager after I installed them though (only the old drivers) so I'm not even sure if they're running?

I like the laptop but am afraid when I start using it for video editing, picture editing, Amazon, banking, etc. it may be a bigger issue with the touchpad's sensitivity and the laptop is brand new.  The problem has been the same before and after the Windows Anniversary update.

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks!

FAQ & Answers

• Go to Device manager, expand Mice and pointing devices and let us know which make of touchpad installed( either Synaptics or Elantech).

Capture.JPG

• KanoKano Posts: 4Member

Hello Brummy.  Here is a screen shot from my Device Manager of the drivers. Looks like Elantech is there.

Does your Acer touchpad ever click (then load) things on it's own when you're hovering over them to get to other areas?

Screenshot (2).png

• Hi Kano,

If you don't use any wireless mouse or keyboard, right click HID-compliant mouse and select disable for testing purpose, if that doesn't resolve the problem you can revert it to enabled. Let us know the outcome.

Thanks for the idea Brummy! I'll disable the HID-compliant mouse now and see if that helps!

Hey Brummy I disabled the HID-compliant mouse and gave it a couple days but the problem still happens. Thanks for the suggestion though! I think I'll probably be returning it.  It's just too much a pain everyday clicking and opening links, app, sending blank emails, etc. when it's not me doing it and I didn't even start using the laptop for video editing, picture editing, Amazon, banking, etc.  

I'll probably buy the HP 15-ay018nr 15.6-Inch Laptop (8GB RAM, 256GB SSD) for $50 more which I was considering in the first place plus it comes with an IPS Screen and i7 processor.