Acer Predator G6-710 BSOD runs fine after login, but....

plasmaproduct
plasmaproduct Member Posts: 8 New User

Hi I am new to the forums.  My question is if anyone else has had the bugcheck reboot error and if so, how do you resolve it.  I will share the info that I get from Whocrashed from the dmp files.  I am running windows 10.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Tue 10/4/2016 5:25:53 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\100416-3984-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: iccwdt.sys (ICCWDT+0x7838)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0xFFFFF80746167838, 0x2, 0x8, 0xFFFFF80746167838)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\iccwdt.sys
product: Intel(R) Watchdog Timer Driver (Intel(R) WDT)
company: Intel Corporation
description: Intel(R) Watchdog Timer Driver (Intel(R) WDT)
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: iccwdt.sys (Intel(R) Watchdog Timer Driver (Intel(R) WDT), Intel Corporation).
Google query: Intel Corporation DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I am able to log in to my desktop and everything runs normally.  But when I leave my computer alone, whether I am running a game or not, and nobody touches it, it shows a blue screen with the error from up top.  Does anybody have a fix?

Best Answer

• plasmaproduct
    Answer ✓

Okay, but a week later the same issue occured.  This time I retried google search for anything.  I managed to find that the message pops up with a driver that has a "overclocking" issue.  I went to the Acer web site and went to the drivers.  I thought I had them all but I missed the chipset driver.  Now I was having the BSOD when I updated it and since then, I haven't had a crash.  I hope this help anyone having the same issue.  And thanks to all who helped too.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

BIOS version?

windows logo key + r

msinfo32

report BIOS date/version string

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • plasmaproduct

BIOS Version/Date  -  American Megatrends Inc. R01-A2, 10/23/2015

I can't even reset it now.  I do have the software disk coming by mail from predator support.

• IronFly
  • plasmaproduct

Yes after being on the phone with support, they told me to try to reset it.  They did tell me to hit the option to keep all my personal files, but it gets to 33% then says it is undoing changes.  3 seconds later, a message pops up and says that "there was a problem resetting you computer.  No changes were made."  I feel like it is something small, and I will try updating my bios and will post if there is a change.

• kovy023
    kovy023 Member Posts: 6 New User

I'm having an issue with mine similar. I got my Predator 15 inch in August. Works fine whenever I use it. If i leave it go and it goes to standby or if I close laptop and open it an hour later, The password screen shows for a second and before you type, I get the BSOD with error code: Drive_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I feel something is wrong here because that is only when it happens. Maybe our BIOS is outdated?

• plasmaproduct

That is what was said earlier.  But I downloaded the bios from the previous post and follow the steps in the documents and I can't even get to the boot menu in the DOS.  I think they may be for a 32 bit system.  I am running a 64 bit system.  Should have included that in the first post.

• IronFly

the BIOS flasher will work under x64 too, just double click FLASH.bat inside WIN folder.

as wrote in the Win Flash Utility SOP v1.2.pdf inside the APPENDIX folder.

• plasmaproduct
    No luck. I hit the files and 2 boxes show up and go away. I restart and try to go to the boot menu but it says there is an setup settings error, CMOS checksum error or CMOS battery loss occurs. Default settings loaded. I have tried 3 times and no luck. I am pretty new to computers and their hardware. I would say that I have the basics down, but have never worked with the BIOS.
  • IronFly

have you followed the instructions?

have you load defaults on BIOS?

• plasmaproduct

Do I do that manually?  Because everytime I have tried, it stops and says that "there was an error, default settings loaded."  I don't see how doing it manually would change anything?

• plasmaproduct

Ok it should be fixed now.  I got the acer system recovery drive and I let it do its work.  Other than a few programs and some saved games, my computer seems to be doing better.  The BIOS now read:

American Megatrends Inc. R01-A4, 5/18/2016

• IronFly

good, it's updated.

yes, it's better to do it manually, even if you have a message that default will be loaded.

• plasmaproduct
    Answer ✓

Okay, but a week later the same issue occured.  This time I retried google search for anything.  I managed to find that the message pops up with a driver that has a "overclocking" issue.  I went to the Acer web site and went to the drivers.  I thought I had them all but I missed the chipset driver.  Now I was having the BSOD when I updated it and since then, I haven't had a crash.  I hope this help anyone having the same issue.  And thanks to all who helped too.