mouse and touch pad problem

Kamiji
Kamiji Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives

i have an acer e1 510p 2671 laptop that used to be windows 8 tht i upgraded t windows 10 and since the update i am having problems with the mouse/touchpad. everytime i close my laptop lid and open it it stops working even tho wen i go into mouse properties it says deviceis working i having to either put computer to sleep, restart my latop roll back the device or uninstall the dvice to get it back working. altho ever since the annverisary update of windows 10 unistalling has no effect to it. i hace ELAN Touchpad 11.15.0.18_X64 currently installed. is there any way i can fix this. such as download a new muse/touchpad driver w/o having to take it to a repair shop 

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

It seems to be a Win 10 anniversary driver problem that MS hasn't fixed yet. I would uninstall the driver so it is at least a little usable.

• kenz101
    kenz101 Member Posts: 42 Devotee WiFi Icon

Hi,

I would try the driver that was for windows 8.1 and see if that helps. please see below. go to acer support/ drivers and enter your laptop model or serial. select windows 8.1 from drop down menu.

img2.jpg

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.      :) 
  • huruy
    huruy Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi dear Acer community, my windows 10 update couses problem to mouse and touchpad disfunction and Elan is lost from the driver, i already reinstalled Elan from acer product support but still not to be found, can anyone help me with how to fix this ?