No Dolby Audio application Predator 15 G9-591-72SC

IanGValerio
IanGValerio Member Posts: 9 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives

I have a problem that my EQ of dolby audio cant be found or opened but my dobly audio is turned on and when i do to the dolby folder the DolbyDax2 then clicking the application it notify "Windows Service Start Failure: Cannot Start Service From the command line or a debugger. A window service must first installed (using installutil.exe) and then started with the ServerExplorer, Windows Services Administrative Tool or the NET Start Command"

Please Help. My Dolby audio is turned On but still i want to have the EQ windows/application of it. it seems without it im not using my 100% of my laptop worth. Thanks

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

have you tried to re-install the Realtek drivers?

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/Audio/Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.7695_W10x64_A.zip?acerid=636009713076516591&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=PREDATOR&Step3=PREDATOR%20G9-591&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

that message means that a service is missing or not able to start.

Any antivirus installed?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • IanGValerio
    IanGValerio Member Posts: 9 New User

i have ESET anti-virus btw

• IronFly

try to re-install the driver i previous posted.

• sufyannisar
    sufyannisar Member Posts: 4 New User

I am also having same issue with my Acer Predator G9-592.

Reinstalling the software didn't fix the issue.

Also I don't have any antivirus installed.

• IronFly
    I remember that sometimes you need to install the dolby software manually, looking for an exe file inside Realtek drivers software.

Probably if you search a bit on this community, you will find the exact file
  • Robitzik
    Robitzik Member Posts: 68 Devotee WiFi Icon
    It is very important that you disable automatic driver updates for your audio device when shuffling between different versions of drivers, if you don't disable this, after you remove your driver, Windows Update will just install another. Adjust the setting, uninstall your driver, reboot, install official driver from Acer support, reboot. Now your Dolby panel should be available. I had the same problem at a time when i was experimenting with my new computer. Hope it helps
  • beststevie
    beststevie ACE Posts: 506 Pioneer

disabling driver updates is the first thing after first boot when doing fresh install.

You have to do this before you setup internet because even if you disable it, you get an driver installed if there is none already installed. So first boot without internet and disable and manually install drivers. That should be the standard procedure.

Dobly driver is installed. You can easiliy see it und install/remove programs (or however it's called under Win.

I think this Dolby thing comes from APO Equalizer.

I will restore my OS completly and do it again without APO to verify.

• Robitzik
    Robitzik Member Posts: 68 Devotee WiFi Icon
    i already tried out that scenario, but APO did not have an effect on that error, in my case at least. i got rid of that error after i unistalled EVERYTHING: driver, EqualizerAPO and even removed the device from Device Manager until there was no sound icon on the tray. all this done of course with automatic driver update disabled. then i started installing official driver from Acer support v6.0.1.7926 for my gx-792, rebooted, installed EqualizerAPO, rebooted, and everything worked flawlessly since then, with Dolby panel present and tweakable. No fresh OS needed to fix
  • beststevie
    edited February 2020

updated driver

after that installed APO

for me the driver 8004 worked already.

• beststevie

I think more of a problem with this Killer Networking Drviers.

do you also have BSODs with 793/593?

I can reproduce them with every driver. Fresh install. Factory install. Current drivers ...

I usually don't need Wireless Lan and this error comes only from wireless driver, so I didn't care. But travelling now a bit it kills my nerves.

BSODs with IRQ Less or EQUAL

nvwifi.sys

I just have to look for hotspots in the right bottom corner.... peng!

• yan870126
    yan870126 Member Posts: 21 Troubleshooter
    I'm using G593 having the same problem as well. 

• audiopathik
    audiopathik Member Posts: 4 New User
    The Setup for the Dolby Audio Manager is in the DAX2 folder in the Realtek Software archive from the Acer support page, there is also additional Dolby Software in the Realtek archive, "Dolby Advanced Audio", "Dolby Digital Plus", "Dolby Home Theater".
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    edited June 2018
    The Setup for the Dolby Audio Manager is in the DAX2 folder in the Realtek Software archive from the Acer support page, there is also additional Dolby Software in the Realtek archive, "Dolby Advanced Audio", "Dolby Digital Plus", "Dolby Home Theater".
    In which folder is the setup for Dolby Digital Plus? My model is G3-572. Also, I can't find Acer TrueHarmony after clean install of Windows 10 (but Dolby Audio got installed itself from Realtek Installer).
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • JohnCena
    JohnCena Member Posts: 460 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    There is DAX2 on drivers' folder. Install it.
  • stivi1504
    stivi1504 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited February 2020
    FIXING this DOLBY PROBLEM!

1. Uninstall your recent Realtek drivers. (go to the sound icon, click the right button--> sound settings --> properties and than advanced--> uninstall)

2. Than install these new drivers from here: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/7296?b=1

3. Go to "disk (C:)" --> Programms and files --> go to the surch spot (top right on the screen) and write "DAX2"

4. Wait for a few seconds and when "dax2_app_release_x64" appears - intall it.

5. Restart your computer and go to Start menu --> click the Dolby folder and it should finnaly appear!

I have tested it only on Acer Predator 15!

Greetings,
    Stan

This discussion has been closed.