Buyer Beware! Acer Iconia 10 B3-A20 locked,unusable,Not Current.

tomvalenz
tomvalenz Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited March 18 in 2019 Archives

Sorry for the rant. This is for Acer to read and perhaps it will get attention from someone who cares.

Crappy tablet. Cheaply made, drop this once it's no more. Poor/tin-y sound, sound sounds like it's coming from a can. Locked bootloader, no ability after updating for root. Locked apps you can't uninstall, like Acer Portal, File Manager. Full of useless bloatware. Piece of junk.

I thought Acer would be a Geeky type product but instead is a lame locked hunk of garbage. I bought this as a spare to some Samsung Tab 4 10.1" I own, and I can't use this piece of garbage. It's got 5.1 (piece of *****) instead of 6.0 or 7.0. We'll likely never see a 7.0 Android. No root solutions work more especially if you took the latest update.

If it were unlocked and open to a interested community we could probably take advantage, make roms and provide for faster cpu and memory access. But no. It's locked. It's unusable.

Who puts out a product these days like this that are locked/non-customisable? Tell me I am wrong Acer. Prove my above comments wrong Acer, open this tablet to the community.

In the end, lesson learned. I should have just shelled an extra $50 and got another Tab 4.

Answers

• mikiaki
    mikiaki Member Posts: 12 New User
    So truth.
  • tomvalenz

Tinkerer

I'm glad you agree. Smiley Happy Too many people sit and swallow the BS. I don't. I already got rid of the Acer tablet. Biggest piece of garbage I ever made the mistake of buying. I didn't expect the build quality too be so crappy/cheap either. I ended up buying a Dragon Touch X10 which was originally my second choice! Excellent tablet, way better than the Acer. The build quality of my Dragon Touch is better than the Acer tablet, and the company responds to the community right away, unlike these forums. I already have it rooted with TWRP. 

• Retch
    Retch Member Posts: 1 New User

Yes you're right. I expected to buy a Tablet with coming android 6.0 and twrp, but nothing.

• tomvalenz

Tinkerer

Return it if you still can. Check XDA developers before you buy a replacement. Check for community info on root and ROMs. My tablet eventually sucomed to humidity. Developed water spots in the corners and just one day didn't turn on. 

• davas
    davas Member Posts: 1 New User
    You are all very right, it is a pretty 10" paperweights.
    I bought it not having enough tech knowledge, now i am into software engineering and am struggling to use this thing.
    It is ridiculous that i have android 9 based rom in my SAMSUNG S4 , a device from 2013 or so, but cant update or work on a rom for this skateboard deck.