Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

what is the version of preinstalled windows 8 on my acer aspire V3-571G ?

i have an acer aspire V3-571G, unfortunately, i have lost my hard drive = activated operating system

i have found a way to retrieve the serial number from bios, but i need to know the operating system version, i have installed windows 8 pro but it wouldn't accept the activation code .. so can you plz help me ?

Best Answer

• PMinerPMiner Posts: 180
    Accepted Answer
    if not Pro, then it's most likely Windows 8 (Core). This is the standard edition of windows 8 and is only called (core) to distinguish from the OS itself.

UPDATE: After checking on support.acer.com, is appears the newest os for your computer is: Windows 8.1 64-bit

FAQ & Answers

• Hello,

May be I can help you. Could you give me the first ten characters of the serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

• PMinerPMiner Posts: 180Member
    Accepted Answer
    if not Pro, then it's most likely Windows 8 (Core). This is the standard edition of windows 8 and is only called (core) to distinguish from the OS itself.

UPDATE: After checking on support.acer.com, is appears the newest os for your computer is: Windows 8.1 64-bit
  • artilitesartilites Posts: 3Member

okay, here are the first 10 digits from the serial number / NXRZLEZ004

• No information Smiley Frustrated. As you have the full serial number, I would check here. Personally I see my OS in the description.

• artilitesartilites Posts: 3Member

grrrrrr.... i wrote the whole serial number ... still nothing Smiley Sad
    i'll try installing the windows 8 core as PMiner suggested, i hope it'll activate

Screenshot from 2016-09-30 23-18-20.png