So I'm trying to fix a friends computer.
Hes got a Acer Aspire V5-571P-6866 Laptop
OS: Windows 8 or maybe 8.1 (Not Sure)
When I turn it on, the Acer logo comes up but immideately goes to a bios error that reads: "PXE -E61: Media Test Failure, check cable" and "PXE-M0F: Existing PXE ROM" at the bottom and then loops to Operating System not found. Some times it will loop back and forth between the Bios error and the Operating system error, but will not do anything else. BIOS is completely unaccessible.
I've looked everywhere for a solution around this so I can at least access the BIOS.
What have I tried:
1. Holding F2 while turning on
2. Holding all the Fkeys while turning on
3. Holding ESC
4. Holding misc conbinations of keys found all over the internet
5. Shorting out contacts under the Dimm module.
6. Holding power for 30 seconds without battery and then pluggin in the battery and powering again.
What I haven't tried:
1. Inserting a Windows 8 CD since I have none.
2. Inserting a bootable USB since I have none.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
I know that there are numerous threads on this, but almost everyone can still boot back to Windows. The other solutions I've read, Ive tried and nothing seems to work (list above).