Installation of Acer ES1 throwing error on second phase

markwatson
markwatson Member Posts: 2 New User

The error: "Fail to apply image, error code is: -1" occurs when all the disks have been succesfully loaded and there is a reboot to start the second phase of installation.

I discovered in the bootup disk that there is a requirement for a disk space area for recovery partition and operating system partition. The total amount the drive has available is 30GB. When I left the default size I noticed that there was no disk space available. I then rectified this issue by making recovery partition and operating system disk partition 15GB each and there was no error performing the install. It was able to install the last disk which is a language disk and then was prompted the second phase would initiate after the restart.

What happens is the recovery dialogue appears and the copying interface starts at this point the error exception is thrown.

I am installing windows 8/8.1 if I select 8.1 in the drop down for OS's there is a default of 12GB for the recovery partition and the operating system has a default of 50%. I change the operating system to 100% which is 15GB and then change the recovery partition to 15GB. This step ensures that there is enough hard disk space to be able to install all the CDs without disk space error. then when I finish the second phase after bootup appears:

error: "Fail to apply image, error code is: -1"

With the recovery disks that I ordered is a guide that states I must for 8.1 change the drive from 13GB to 30GB that is the recovery partition because below that is a formula that calculates % of disk space allocated to the operating system which is default 50%. It is really confusing because if I change the recovery partition to 30GB there is no disk space for the operating system to be installed.

Thanks,
Mark