Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

alpha backlight settings

Is there a way to prevent the keyboard on the acer switch alpha to go dark after a few second of inactivity?  I find it really annoing that the backlight turn off automatic after a few second.  I would rather use Fn + F9 key to turn it on/off when i want.  Thank you in advance!

FAQ & Answers

• Acer-MaryAcer-Mary Posts: 871Acer Crew Acer Crew

Though you can still press FN+F6 to turn off the keyboard backlight, the timeout for the keyboard light is approx 30 seconds after the last keystroke. Unfortunately this isn't a setting that can be changed.

• friendlynexusfriendlynexus Posts: 20Member Networker

Acer-Mary schrieb:

Though you can still press FN+F6 to turn off the keyboard backlight, the timeout for the keyboard light is approx 30 seconds after the last keystroke. Unfortunately this isn't a setting that can be changed.

The keys are Fn+F9 - the lights go off exactly after 5 seconds while you are writing and taking a brief pause - 30 seconds timeout after re-alighting the keyboard after it went dark.

**bleep** stupid

• friendlynexusfriendlynexus Posts: 20Member Networker

I am quite amazed that this keyboard backlight issue doesn't come up more often among Switch users.

When I buy a product that says: 'Illuminated keyboard', I expect this keyboard to be illuminated whenever and how long ever I want it to be on. Especially when the unit is powered and not on battery. This 5 second timeout is really a nuisance.

Would you tolerate a energy saving bulb, which goes off after some time (in order to save energy) ---- no, I'm sure you wouldn't!

• Acer-MaryAcer-Mary Posts: 871Acer Crew Acer Crew

The models that ship in North America have a keyboard backlight that goes off after 30 seconds of inactivity. Not sure if the models sold in your region have a different timing on this feature but you might contact Acer support for your region to verify:

https://www.acer.com/worldwide/