Z35 VESA Mount

FSMRA
FSMRA Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited February 14 in 2019 Archives

Is there an acer specific vesa mount or adapter for the Z35, once you remove the stand.

I have VESA mounts that are 100 x 100 but won't fit due to the depth of the vesa mount location
Or did i miss something. 

I did purchase the monitor used however

Thanks

Mike

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi Mike,

Do you use this kind of mount or a low profil mount?

France
  • FSMRA

Tinkerer

Hi - actually I have the following

RSeat for SImulator

Thanks

Mike

• You could use this kind of system  (spacer) between the monitor  and the plate of your stand. May be board spacers. You find these products in the electronic shops.

France
  • FSMRA

Tinkerer

Thanks - that's a pretty good idea - I think I may try that.

Mike

• FSMRA

Tinkerer

Found this and it works perfectly with the Z35

https://www.amazon.com/VideoSecu-Adjustable-Rotation-Bracket-Monitor/dp/B0016CDE0E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474926279&sr=8-1&keywords=videosecu+ml411b

Thanks again for all the suggestions

Michael 

• Hi Michael,

Thanks for your feedback. Only 10$ it's a good deal. Just a question:

What is the distance between the holes of the wall part (not Vesa specs)?

France
  • FSMRA

Tinkerer

center of hole to center of hole 2.25" (inches)

Hope this helps - 

I didnt have to do anyhthing to get it to fit my Rseat Monitor stand but I probably should have
    its VERY close - but it works - I could have used a dremel or such to take of a tiny bit but i was 

lazy when i didn't have to

Mike

• FSMRA

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
  • Hi Michael,

Good job! Smiley Wink Nice design! Smiley Very Happy

You should create an idea topic. I think  this model (1000$) should be shipped with 4 spacers or a Vesa/Vesa mechanical interface for a Vesa mount like yours. It would be more simple.

France
  • FSMRA

Tinkerer

I agree but for $10 USD i really can't complain - Took more time to find one than to actually connect it

Mike

• FSMRA

Tinkerer

Not to mention I have mine set to swivel left to right - becasue the Larger Rseat Unit lets me tilt, but depending on you set up you could just as easily mount it to tilt forward and barckward! And no matter what it will "spin" so  you can tilt it left and right

Mike

• opyate
    opyate Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi @FSMRA / Mike,

Thanks for the photos. That sure is one uneven recess. I'm not even sure what size VESA spacer to get to mount it with a telescopic ceiling mount (the latter of which seem to not have a "100x100-only" option, i.e. they go up to 200x200).

Thanks,
    Juan
  • Rardain
    Rardain Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi everyone,

Apologies for the thread necromancy, however, I just recently got myself the Z35P and thought I would share my solution for mounting the monitor on a swinging arm bracket.

Just to preface this solution, I live in the UK so the stuff I am going to mention pertains to what you can buy here, but I guess the hardware will be available globally, you will just need to source it in your own countries.

Hardware required.
    1x 1 metre 25mm square steel tube 1.5mm thick - B&Q
    1x pack of 4mm x 40mm bolts - (M4 x L40mm) - B&Q
    1x pack of 4mm washers - (M4 carbon flat steel washer) - B&Q
    1x VESA bracket of your choice - I went with the Invision ultra slim tilt/swivel tv wall mount from Amazon UK

1.  Measure the height of the VESA recess on the monitor and cut two sections of tube to fit - use a suitable metal file to smooth the metal once cut. Test fit the tubes vertically down each side of the VESA recess.

2. Carefully measure and drill 4mm holes on opposite sides of the tube so that it lines up with the VESA screwthreads on the monitor - smooth with a file and make sure the bolt can pass freely through both sides and into the screw thread on the back of the monitor.

3. Place 1 or 2 washers on top of each piece of tube. This is to give additional stand-off because the 40mm bolts will be too long otherwise.

4. Fix the VESA plate to the tubing using a washer between the plate and the bolts and tighten carefully.  If there is still slack add an additional washer.

5. Here you can see how perfect the fit of the bracket is to the size of the monitor.

6. Now all you need to do is fix your bracket to the wall and hang the monitor.

7. Sorted.