compatible printers

cocobird
cocobird Member Posts: 3 New User

I have a 15.6 Chromebook. I would like to know what printers are google cloud ready and compatible?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • RuthieAnn56
    RuthieAnn56 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an older Lexmark but it still works great and I need to know if it is compatible to my Acer computer.

The model number is X5070

Please respond asap thanks

• cocobird
    cocobird Member Posts: 3 New User

My guess would be no. Chromebooks need a wireless, wifi printer to work with them, as welll as Google Print. There are a lot of them out there now -- I got a Samsung laser from Amazon for around $80, and it works fine.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer

Yeah, the X5070 only had network capability with an optional card, and even then wouldn't have the firmware support for Google Cloud Printing. If you connected the Lexmark to a Windows PC via the USB cable and you had the PC share the printer via Google Cloud you could print to it any time the PC is on and connected to the internet. Short of a new printer that's the only way to use it from a Chromebook.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.