VN7-591G-70FN - yet another WiFi-keeps-disconnecting thread.

arivatanen
arivatanen Member Posts: 2 New User

Every time I play a game (GTA V, The Crew), which happens like once in a decade, the stupid laptop looses my internet connection and therefore kills the game. Does not matter what router I am connected to. I am now thousands of miles away from my home and same things is happening.

Power saving disabled, MIMO power saving disabled, Windows 10 already re-installed, Atheros driver from February 2016.

I use this every day and cannot be without it for a few weeks. Do not please tell me that the only solution is a new, different card. 

I AM SO FRUSTRATED!!!!!! 

[inappropriate content removed]

Answers

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi,

As a 591G owner I can tell you that your intuition is correct. You should change the network card because the driver which is on the acer webpage will do the thing which you mention above sometimes without any warning. And as you can see, the wireless driver was not updated for more than a year on the drivers page. I ended up changing to a kller AC 1535 and this solved the issue.

• arivatanen
    arivatanen Member Posts: 2 New User
    Oh no.

Well, I guess it's time to shop around. How hard is it to change parts? I've never done any wrenching on computers.
  • sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi,

Well on youtube are plenty of videos how to disassemble the notebook

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhMtesJXf-I

You just need to remove the keyboard, and you will have access to the wifi card, which is next to the hdd.