My sounds decrease when playing a game. Predator 15 G9-591-72SC

IanGValerio
IanGValerio Member Posts: 9 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

Hello! I'm encountering a problem when i opened a game Dota and Overwatch specifacllly, the sounds reduce. Only the game itself reduce but when you alt tab youtube or itunes it works properly. Then you turn back to the game the sounds is low. 

There's glitch also when i click microphone to speak in dota it suddenly fixed but when you click it again the sounds will be gone then if you alt tab it to home to check the volume the dota will be "not responding" PLEASE HELP. it's been weeks and my predator is 3 months old.

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

Have you tried to reinstall the driver?

I would suggest that first before anything else and if that doesn't resolve the issue, let us know.

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • This happens usally if Dolby is disabled automatically. Please verify if you use Audio Realtek 6.0.1.7695?
  • Paedin
    Paedin Member Posts: 3 New User

This happens to me contantly when playing DoTA2. When you use the mic, it disables Dolby Audio, thats why you are seeing the sound drop instantly. If you alt+tab out to try to fix it, it usually makes my DoTA2 crash, then I have to reboot my whole machine.

Ive baasically given up trying to use the speakers when playing, and now only play with my headset with mic on.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Try this too:

rigth click the speaker icon near clock and date

choose Playback devices

then click on Communications tab

click on Do nothing

Apply - OK

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • hm, it sounded were interesting, but it didn't work here with my setup.

Nice try, thanks!

Smiley Wink

steve

• IanGValerio

Yes my audio Realtek is 6.0.1.7695

• IanGValerio

I have the same problem! It crashes when you alt tab.

• ChaosArchbishop
    ChaosArchbishop Member Posts: 1 New User
    For some reason my ACER RPEDATOR 15 Laptop lowered it's volume at random moments, for example: when the fans were on high speed with a high CPU temp, not necesary a game. What i did to fix this problem is to activate the Dolby Audio that the laptop deactivated automatically for some reason. What you have to do is simply activate it again from the Dolby Audio App. Let me know if it works for you :)

• ComfyMan
    ComfyMan Member Posts: 1 New User
    I can confirm that the Dolby digital audio does cause this and activating it fixes the problem. Hope it's not for every single game.