Predator 15 592 970m - blue screen BSOD caused by igdkmd64.sys

_smg_
_smg_ Member Posts: 14 New User

Hello!

So I am struggling with one problem, which is hard to diagnose and i thought maybe someone will be able to help me with it.

I am getting BSOD caused by Intel's GPU driver: igdkmd64.sys

https://www.dropbox.com/s/udozg5ohtyofw2f/2016-09-04.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/47156ppq9aftszv/2016-09-07.png?dl=0

After trying to run some kind of debug, with built-in verifier i have ended up with information that above driver is causing error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION, no more details though here.

Now do you have same issues? Mostly it happens in normal desktop/browser work. But I think it is somehow related to video playback (Netflix on Edge and YouTube on Chrome were often there or in background).

Any ideas?

Currently my driver landscape is as follows:

- iGPU and dGPU are taken from Windows Update (from Device Manager - Update Drivers)

- networking from killernetworking.com

- everything else from Acer

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • _smg_

I do use drivers from killernetworking.com, not the latest (KillerSuite_1.1.62.1727_Win7_Win81_Win10) but one of the most recent ones (KillerSuite_1.1.59.1701_Win7_Win81_Win10 to be specific).

Reason behind is that most recent version couses disconnects (overheating?) also prevents computer from shutdown every second time. I might try it on newly installed windows.

So while drivers from killernetworking helps to stabilize WiFi connection compared to drivers from Acer side, it is not solving issues mentioned earlier.

But thank you for tryingSmiley Sad

• drwho
    drwho Member Posts: 2 New User

I'm having frequent problems with my Preadtor 15 592 with BSOD's from igkmd64.sys. I've tried various versions of the killer network drivers but there seems to be no relevance. I see:

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

As the most frequent reason. I don't have anything special installed and I run Kaspersky as my AV. Any ideas on where to look for a solution?

• _smg_

I will not be able to give you specific answer as it depends on setup, but:

1) are you running Anniversary Update?

2) have you installed drivers for Intel graphic card from Intel.com?

You may want to check info from BSOD dumps using tool like e.g. bluescreenview-x64. If no details there run test using verifier tool, there are numerous manuals, but e.g. http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5470-driver-verifier-enable-disable-windows-10-a.html

I had blue screens due to following:

- drivers for Intel graphic card

- drivers for KillerNetworking (wifi/ethernet).

In general above *will* help you, you just need to spend some time and analyze the system and drivers you are using. It took my some time but it was stable at the end:-)

• drwho
    drwho Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,

Bluescreenview-x64 was a new tool to me and immediately led me to the correct culprit which was the Intel HD 530 drivers. 

Thanks a bunch! Much appriciated.

• _smg_

so just go to intel.com, download newest drivers in .zip file.

extract the drivers.

go to device manager, click on Intel GPU, go to update drivers and click all the options leading the files you extracted before.

this way you should be able to update it. Then I always installed it again, via setup from extracted files - it will work thenSmiley Happy

• Arzamar
    Arzamar Member Posts: 4 New User

I was getting same bsod with my predator 15 980m. I have formatted my pc, installed all new fresh drivers from acer and its working fluently now... or i did not get bsod yet i think..