audio function disappeared.....

whitebyrd2
whitebyrd2 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I am using my laptop to view videos for about 3 months which was working as usual, however 4all of a sudden I cannot hear anything....Not sure what happened or what to do....thanks for any suggestions.  I have an Acer E 15.

Answers

• Hello,

1. Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

2. What OS do you use?

France
  • Right click speaker icon, click sounds, select playback tab, highlight speakers and click Properties then in Advanced tab test your sound.

Capture.JPG

• Rene6767
    Rene6767 Member Posts: 1 New User
    The  speaker icon has disappeared from the bottom right of my PC.  Ii am half way through an online course with video link and cannot continue.  Cannot use You Tube etc.  Can you help me remedy?
  • BryanB
    BryanB Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited November 2017

Rene6767, You have asked your question in someone else's post. Go to the green Ask a question button on the top and right side of the screen

• Rene6767 said:
    The  speaker icon has disappeared from the bottom right of my PC.  Ii am half way through an online course with video link and cannot continue.  Cannot use You Tube etc.  Can you help me remedy?
    Are you using Windows 10?  If so, go to Settings, click Personalisation, click Taskbar in the left pane, scroll down to Notification area, click "Which icons appear on the taskbar", switch on for Volume in the next screen.

• capceng
    capceng Member Posts: 4 New User
    Please make sure the default playback device is not being disabled.

On the taskbar, right click speaker icon, choose sounds, select playback tab.
    There will be list of playback devices. Please make sure the sound device is set to default.