The Serial Number is not valid

dagzestefan
dagzestefan Member Posts: 1 New User
edited June 2022 in Aspire Laptops

Hi Acer,

I've been trying to register my device. However, your website doesn't seem to accept the serial number. I tried using 3 diffent kinds of browsers and looked on your support page but no luck. Link posted for your chat support doesn't seem to be working either. Please advise. I'll wait to hear back from you.

Best Answer

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

There are 2 numberson the tag on the bottom of the laptop.

One says serial number and the other says SNID. Try the SNID.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

There are 2 numberson the tag on the bottom of the laptop.

One says serial number and the other says SNID. Try the SNID.

• ironbell
    ironbell Member Posts: 1 New User

Using the SNID worked for me in registering a monitor.  Rather sloppy of ACER to ask for the Serial Number when meaning the SNID, IMHO.

• priyam2
    priyam2 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Well I tried using the full serial no. and the SNID. None of them worked.
  • arpitjhalani
    arpitjhalani Member Posts: 1 New User
    WELL I TRIED BOTH THE SNID AND ALSO THE SERIAL NUMBER BUT IT KEEPS TELLING ME ITS NOT VALID SO PLEASE HELP ME WHAT SHOULD I DO .
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Hi arpitjhalani,

I'm sorry that you're having issues with registering your Acer product.  Can you please send me a PM with the S/N of your unit so I can look into this for you?

Thanks,

Acer-Manny

• marshroger
    marshroger Member Posts: 0 Newbie
    Hi arpitjhalani,

I'm sorry that you're having issues with registering your Acer product.  Can you please send me a PM with the S/N of your unit so I can look into this for you?

Thanks,

Acer-Manny

I am experiencing the same problem, trying to register my serial number for a laptop. How do I send you a PM? Thanks.
  • Alishafdes
    Alishafdes Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi,
    Im not able to register as site not taking laptop serial no. and  also SNID.
    Please help!
    Thank you,
    Alisha fernandes
  • monksey
    monksey Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi I have been trying to register my new acer aspire desktop bundle and it says the S/N and SNID numbers are not valid, have confirmed numbers via the care centre help please. Thanks
  • omega_vxk
    omega_vxk Member Posts: 3 New User
    I also have had this issue, I'm trying to download a driver and I have tried every way of registering (SNID, Serial Number and Product Model) and it always says that it is invalid. Also I cannot use the drop-down finder aswell.
  • kris_fin
    kris_fin Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi I have been trying to register my new acer Nitro 5 but it says the SNID or SN numbers are not valid

Pls help!!