CB3-531-C4A5 random shutdown

stickell
stickell Member Posts: 1 New User

Since new (about 3 months), my Chromebook 15 shuts down randomly after start-up.  The only way to start it up again is to press the reload and power key simultaneously.  After 4 or 5 cycles of shutdown and start-up, the computer will function properly until I close the cover for the day.  Next day, the cycle starts all over again.  I've tried power wash and brouser reset several times without success.  Does anyone have a suggestion?  I'm ready to try anything.  Tech support has been no help so far.

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

There are many factors that can cause a computer to randomly shutdown.

I would suggest you reinstall the factory Windows. You could also check for BIOs update.

If you already tried doing that, then I would recommend contacting Acer repair center in your region since the issue could be related to hardware problems.

http://www.acer.com/worldwide/

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer

And of course when he says "reinstall the factory Windows" he really means "powerwash". Smiley Happy

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.