Hi new member here. just bought a V5 591G 74UP

Options
OLDPADDY
OLDPADDY Member Posts: 7 New User

never used linux before, any tips before I start up. nothing in setup booklet. 

Best Answer

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

That's a specific model, if you want to find it on acer webpage for example you need to write just V5-591G.

Depending what you plan to do you can install for example ubuntu.

www.ubuntu.com

Here is how to create the USB disk and install it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-7chlCn6yk

Just I warn you, if you never used linux before but you used windows. Most applications which are on windows will not work on ubuntu, so be sure that your applications are made also for linux. They are very different operating systems. If your applications will not work on linux it would be better to invest in a windows os.

Answers

• sharky25k
    Options

Hi,

If you have linux on the notebook, it should be nothing special. However, I am expecting that you have just a command line version of the linux, with no GUI.

• OLDPADDY
    Options

your right, no GUI. is there a version i can download with one? only need to stream and download to get me started, the rest i'll muddle through. Thank you for replying.

PS why cant i find anything on this model.74up. Spanish?  

• sharky25k
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

That's a specific model, if you want to find it on acer webpage for example you need to write just V5-591G.

Depending what you plan to do you can install for example ubuntu.

www.ubuntu.com

Here is how to create the USB disk and install it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-7chlCn6yk

Just I warn you, if you never used linux before but you used windows. Most applications which are on windows will not work on ubuntu, so be sure that your applications are made also for linux. They are very different operating systems. If your applications will not work on linux it would be better to invest in a windows os.

• OLDPADDY
    Options

once again, thank you for your responce. dont know what im doing but i will learn, via utube.