Android Nougat Update?

cubano100pct
cubano100pct Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 4 in 2018 Archives

My Acer Iconia One 8 is currently running Lollipop (5.1), skip the Marhmallow and got straight to Nougat.

When is the Android Nougat Update be ready for Acer Iconia One 8?

Answers

• Carmanen
    Carmanen Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

I don't think Acer will update that tablet to any newer Android versions... hell, even my midrange Iconia A3-A40 probably won't get Nougat and it was released back in June '16.
  • Jose-Acer
    Jose-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,339 Community Administrator

We understand that users want to upgrade their devices, but at this time the are no upgrade plans to Nougat for the Iconia One 8 nor A3-A40.

• tomvalenz
    tomvalenz Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Ya exactly, well I've done my part and talked to stores about your tablets and told them they should avoid stocking them. Your support sucks and your support forum is a complete waste of time.

• djp17
    djp17 Member Posts: 1 New User

What about my Iconia one 10 b3-a20, I have been wanting to know if it will get any new updated version of Android because my warranty expires soon and I don't want to waste money on another tablet if this one will get an update

• Nick_Kid
    Nick_Kid Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited February 2018
    Acer-Jose said:

We understand that users want to upgrade their devices, but at this time the are no upgrade plans to Nougat for the Iconia One 8 nor A3-A40.

Even the cheapest Samsung Tablets get at least one update.And you guys don”t provide update at least to a mid range Tablet .Well.My next Tablet for sure won”t be Acer.
  • micsim35
    micsim35 Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    edited February 2018
    I don't think Acer will provide any upgrades unless the marketing or support information for your device specifically says so. the best you'll get is a security patched version of what the tablet came with.

My own B1-780 tablet had such an update released last year but I found it did more harm than good. The ROM was evidently flawed* since I had numerous stability issues and apps, mostly games but also hp printer service plugin for example that refused to run.

I've recently experimented with a newer B1-790 ROM and found it works much better. This was possible because they appear to be identical as far as internals are concerned. I decided the risk of potentially bricking the tablet if it failed was worth it since it wasn't expensive to start with.

*I did try redownloading and flashing again a couple of times before coming to that conclusion
  • Nick_Kid
    Nick_Kid Member Posts: 3 New User
    micsim35 said:
    I don't think Acer will provide any upgrades unless the marketing or support information for your device specifically says so. the best you'll get is a security patched version of what the tablet came with.

My own B1-780 tablet had such an update released last year but I found it did more harm than good. The ROM was evidently flawed* since I had numerous stability issues and apps, mostly games but also hp printer service plugin for example that refused to run.

I've recently experimented with a newer B1-790 ROM and found it works much better. This was possible because they appear to be identical as far as internals are concerned. I decided the risk of potentially bricking the tablet if it failed was worth it since it wasn't expensive to start with.

*I did try redownloading and flashing again a couple of times before coming to that  conclusion
    Do you think that the firmware of A3-B50  might work on A3-B40 ?
  • micsim35
    micsim35 Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Check and compare the device specifications carefully, it may well do but you try it entirely at your own risk.
  • basue
    basue Member Posts: 1 New User
    what about my B3-A20, can I upgrade from Lolipop to Nougat???
  • DaveyM
    DaveyM Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have just bought the A3-B40 Acer tablet. When I first looked at the software, I thought I had EZ Utilities on it. Later on, I find that it is not there. I cannot find it, or download it? I am running on Android version 7, which could be nougat. I maybe confused if EZ Utilities is on this particular Android version? Any comments please?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    I see a "EZ Utilities Extension" in the app store. Is that it?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Veature
    Veature Member Posts: 1 New User
    Well, this solves so future decisions which brand tablets to buy, not Acer, no updateswe no buy. My Amazon HD 8 32gb gets more system updates in one month, than my Acer A3 340, since I bought it.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Google has actually addressed this lately with their new licensing model. They now require two years of security updates from most Android device vendors, but they don't back date that to include older models. Note that those are security updates, not version upgrades.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • verityfbz
    verityfbz Member Posts: 2 New User
    Great! Thank a lot!

-------------------------------------------
    Fix Broken Zipper