JOIN OUR RANKS
Sign up for an Acer ID and get exclusive access to deals and the Predator Den community, where you can ask and answer questions about gaming and gear.
Last week my laptop was almost empty , I received a 10% message within windows and I put in the charger.
I worked another hour and then shut down the laptop and let it on the charger the rest of the night to make sure it was full next morning.
The next morning when I tried to turn on the laptop I noticed the following.
- Laptop makes no sound, no fan or (ssd hdd). Only the left led was blue, no hdd led lighting up.
- Laptop goes on, screen stays black, and after ~ 7/8 seconds the laptop goes off.
In the past I had issues when the battery was entirely flat, and I could not get the laptop turned on, this behaviour looks different.
I tried the following :
* turn on without battery, and connected to charger (again goes on, no an, goes off ater ~ 7/8 seconds).
* turn on without memory, no beeps
* removed battery + RAM , wait one hour, hold power button for 2 minutes, try boot, still same issue
* Put DOS bios flash on FAT 32 format usb, hold FN + Escape, boot laptop, hope screen turns on and fash bios.
No luck, still same error.
* Connected an external display, still same issue
On the internet there are a lot of threads about similar issues, I also read about a damaged vga cable ?
But I normally shut down the laptop, and closed the lid, how could that damage the screen ?
Anybody has some tips ? Unfortunately laptop is 2 years old, so no warranty left