Windows 10 Anniversary Update makes touchpad unusable

Options
2»

Answers

• hally0
    hally0 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I agree with you! This is only a temporary solution to an unaddressed issue. When/if the problem gets fixed I will certainly use that solution instead. I didn't get the chance to use my precision touchpad properly, so I have no idea what disadvantages this solution may cause. But you do get all the gestures Elan provides and therefor a better solution than only disabling I2c in BIOS. I have very limited knowlegde in this area but this was the only thing that worked for me. Atleast it's alot better than the intense lagging and high CPU % usage. I have contaced Acer support in Norway to address this issue but I no have confidence of a resolvment by them. Maybe from another sector of Acer.

The touchpad seems to work over PS/2 port now, therefor I think you can install Synaptics generic driver instead. You can download it from their website. Again my knowlegde is very limited so correct me if i'm wrong. It seems I have the same laptop as you and I see no reason why this wouldn't work for you. Again this is only temporarily and I hope Acer or whomever/whatever caused the problem to fix it. Smiley Happy

• WilliamG
    WilliamG Member Posts: 29 New User
    Options
    Thank you for the reply. I tried the Synaptics generic driver but had no luck previously. It won't install.
  • hally0
    hally0 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Have you tried the provided Elantech driver?

• WilliamG
    WilliamG Member Posts: 29 New User
    Options
    Yes. Doesn't work. Because I don't have Elantech trackpad.