Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer Aspire E 15 511-P4L7 notebook touchpad not functioning at all.

Hello, I have posted here concerning this problem before and I still can't fixthe touchpad. I use a USB wireless mouse to move the cursor around and it works well. I tried downloading the lastest drivers and pressing fn + f7 to enable the touchpad but that don't work. The touchpad doesn't sgow up in the settings. The mouse is listed in the settings menu. I don't know what to do now unless I took my notebook out to the computer shop. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Best Answer

• andy531andy531 Posts: 4
    Accepted Answer

Look in the Bios, if touchpad is Advanced then put it on normal or something like that.

FAQ & Answers

• andy531andy531 Posts: 4Member
    Accepted Answer

Look in the Bios, if touchpad is Advanced then put it on normal or something like that.

• JamesthehawkJamesthehawk Posts: 15Member

ok I will try this

let me now if it works for you.

• JamesthehawkJamesthehawk Posts: 15Member

Hi, btw my OS is Windows !0 and Thanks for you help. My touchpad finally works after a year! i setit back tobasic on the boot up menu and pressed fn+f7 andit worked.

Smiley Happy

• BDaddyDawgBDaddyDawg Posts: 1Member

Hello im BDaddyDawg and I am brand new to this community and i finally found the cure to this hair pulling problem over the past year. Im no hi-tech redneck and i lucked out. My Acer Aspire E-15 touchpad quit working over a year ago. I tried everything i knew(which aint much)and it didnt fix my problem. I stumbled across the solution that worked for me and, if your reading this, you need to try it also. I got it from somewhere on this site, which i cant find again. I saw solutions but didnt try 8.1 windows and drivers n synaptics drivers not working properly with each other to getting new drivers and them not solving the problem. The solution that worked for me was hitting Fn+F7= active mousepad. I had to keep pushing them buttons coz it didnt instantly turn on. I pushed them 2 buttons about 7-8 times before it worked to my laughter of joy. I dont know if it was me not pushing the 2 buttons at the exact same time or if i was not pushing them in and holding it there for a second or two but it worked. Apply this fix if your mousepad quit working and dont try it 2 times and give up like i almost did, just press them 2 keys(Fn+F7) and it will turn your touchpad back on. I hope this works for you also coz it was a hairpuller for a good while. Good Luck all.

BDaddyDawg

Nice for you it works this way, in your case it's a bad contact or broken button, normal way is holding Fn and repeatedly pressing F7 to turn it of and on.