Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Vn7 592g. Did a factory reset on our laptop, but now windows 10 does not install.

Paultan88Paultan88 Posts: 3Member New User

Hi all,  we did a factory reset on our laptop,  but now windows 10 will not install. We got a message "computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered unexpected error."   Found a proposed solution to "SHIFT-F10 to bring up command prompt. type: CD C:\windows\system32\oobe,  type msoobe".   Was able to start initial installation procedure,  but the installation seems to 'hang'.   Any advise or help is much appreciated. Thank you in advance. 

FAQ & Answers

• IronFlyIronFly Posts: 18,070ACE Trailblazer

try to do the factory reset again, pressing ALT+F10 at boot.

I'm not an Acer employee.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Paultan88Paultan88 Posts: 3Member New User

Thanx IronFly for your suggestion. Tried it but could not get anything to happen. Finally brought the laptop to the Service Centre. They told me there was a hardware issue, and they would fix it. Again thank you for your help. Cheers. 

• IronFlyIronFly Posts: 18,070ACE Trailblazer
    You welcome.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.