I have a Gateway T-63 series Lap Top. The Mother Board part # is: ACEH-40GAB1700-F605.
The serial # is: V94DM03707.
I tried contacting Gateway but the information (Serial #) that the system is asking for in order to attend to my request is scratched off the bottom of my Lap Top. So, I am unable to Download a copy of the BIOS that i need.
I am having problems with;
1) the fan constantly racing
2) the computer running slow
3) the CPU is constantly running between 55% and 75%
The computer was working quite well until my daughter started to use it.
1) cleaned the whole cooling assembly and applied fresh
Heat sink Compound
2) along with doing other checks that various sources on
the web recommend.
3) I have also replaced the Hard Drive; The laptop was
ok for about two days afterwards and then the problem returned.
It was suggested that I should re-flash the BIOS but as I mentioned before, I am unable to download a copy from the Gateway Web site.
I am soliciting the help of this community to help solve this problem.
Thank you very much.
[edited to partial serial number for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]