Acer v3-372 screen scalling problem

PandaFromUganda
PandaFromUganda Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Hey, I've recently purchased an Acer v3-372 laptop without pre-installed OS, and I've installed windows 10, then the drivers from acer site. The problem I am facing is when played old games like Heroes 3 that are launched in 800x600 resolution - instead of the image being streched to full screen I have two black bars on the sides of the screen. I've tried changing the settings in Intel HD graphics panel, but it doesn't help, Any ideas on how to resolve it? Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

The scaling issue was resolved in June of 2016 by Intel.

https://communities.intel.com/thread/103311

Go to Intel's website and get the latest and correct driver for your PC.  Download the zip.  Install it manually through device manager using the "have disk method".  Search the forum or the internet with google search for more info.

If you have trouble installing the latest driver, just ask and I'm sure someone will help you.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • PandaFromUganda

Tinkerer

Thank You for a fast reply. If i am not mistaken - I think I did it right, but still no success. I dowloaded "win64_154025.4463.zip", extracted, then navigated to device manager - graphics cards - Intel HD 510 and tried to install the drivers selecting the extraced folder, but it says I already have "the best graphics driver installed" and aborts the installation Smiley Surprised

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Hello,

Unfortunately the "manufacturer recommended" driver cannot be simply replaced.

Please read the solution from this topic:

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/VN7-591G-latest-driver-2016/m-p/434317#M10190

And follow the instructions starting from step three.

• PandaFromUganda

Tinkerer

Unfortunately, after installing the newest driver You've linked, the only way to make games work is to leave the aspect ratio untouched. If I choose to strech the image, I can not switch to game, it doesn't let me leave the desktop... Unless I've installed a wrong one? My pc has Pentium 4405U and win10 x64 and I've installed win64_154025.4463.zip

EDIT: I've selected to replace application's settings and it works. Thank you both for your help Smiley Happy

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

You're welcome.

I'm not an Acer employee.