I can't connect via usb 3.1 to HDMI tv .... please help (using Switch 12)

bacchus
bacchus Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 4 in 2018 Archives

Hello all. I have an Acer Switch Alpha 12 running on Windows 10. I recently purchased a usb 3.1. to hdmi adapter so that I could connect my unit to my HD TV. 

The problem is that nothing comes up on my TV when I connect this unit to the TV...any help would be greatly appreciated

Answers

• Parappa
    Parappa Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Did you try switching to all input modes to see if the output from the Switch Alpha 12 shows up there? You might need to return that adapter and get another one that is more compatible, as explained in this other thread: http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-Tablets-and-Convertibles/Switch-Alpha-12-external-monitor/m-p/442317

• bacchus
    Thanks for your reply. One other question... How do I switch to all input mode
  • Parappa
    Parappa Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Hi. For example, when you connect a game console or Blu-ray/DVD player or computer (such as your Switch Alpha 12) to your TV, sometimes you have to change the input mode so that it shows up on the screen instead of TV channels. Some TVs may do it automatically when the device is connected and turned on, but sometimes you have to do it manually by pressing the "input" button on your remote and checking all the HDMI inputs.

• bacchus
    Oh yeah....I've tried that on both my TVs.... Both units not getting any signals. Maybe I should get the same brand of converter as mentioned in the link you shred here
  • illusion1986
    illusion1986 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Hi. I have the exactly same issue with my brand new Switch 3, but the link Parappa provided here is broken. Any tips?

Thanks, Kenneth
  • illusion1986
    illusion1986 Member Posts: 4 New User
    along with a regular USB-C to HDMI adapter I should mention