Aspire R3-131T , Looking into upgrades

norulesnomaster
norulesnomaster Member Posts: 2 New User

I want to upgrade the RAM (aka physical memory, memory modules...) and Hard Disk Drive.  The manufacturer installed disk drive is 32GB and too small for windows 10 upgrades after performing a factory recovery using Acer provided recovery media.  I want to upgrade to Windows 10 version 1607 (also known as Micorosft Windows Aanniversary update). 

What type of RAM memory and where to purchase?

What type of hard disk drive (preferbly another SSD) and where to purchase?

Thank you for any help.

System Specs:

System Manufacturer:  Acer
System Model:  Aspire R3-131T
System Type:  x64-based PC
Processor(s):              1 Processor(s) Installed.
                           [01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 76 Stepping 3 GenuineIntel ~1601 Mhz
BIOS Version:              Insyde Corp. V1.09, 7/21/2015

Total Physical Memory: 1,871 MB
Available Physical Memory: 420 MB

OS Name:                   Microsoft Windows 10 Home
OS Version:                10.0.10586 N/A Build 10586
OS Manufacturer:           Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration:          Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type:             Multiprocessor Free

Answers

• norulesnomaster
    norulesnomaster Member Posts: 2 New User

I think the SSD drive, referenced as hard disk drive in my previous post, located above, is integrated into  the motherboard.

I no longer need assistance. Thank you.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

There are ways for a R3 to move data, apps, and upgrade files to a 64GB or 128GB SDCard.

Look for earlier threads on SDCards. The RAM appears to be able to be upgradable. Does anyone know ? With 8GB you probably do not need a pagefile.

• jamjons
    jamjons Member Posts: 9 New User

upgraded to 8GB of Crucial RAM makes a big difference in response.  I am interested in ways to upgrade the 32GB SSD.  Any suggestions are appreciated?

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

If you have the 32GB SSD motherboard, it is very difficult internally but an external  USB 3.0 SSD can be quick or a 128GB XC SDcard is not as fast but invisible.