Predator G9-791 keyboard backlighting turns off automatically when off charge.

Options
TheNogster
TheNogster Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

Hi, I just got my Predator G9-791 laptop yesterday and it has been pretty fantastic so far. However, I have one minor concern about it and it has been bugging me so much that I decided to turn off backlighting whenever I wasn't charging the laptop. 

When my laptop is charging and I have all zones turned on in predatorsense, the backlighting is fine and doesn't switch off. As soon as I take it off charge, the backlights turn off automatically after 15-20 seconds of inactivity. It only turns back on as soon as I type a key or if I switch the zones off and back on in the program.

Can anyone let me know if this is normal with this model? If it is, is there any way to "fix" it so that the backlights don't turn off automatically when I want them to be on when the laptop isn't charging?

Thank you.

Answers

• AJ-KW
    AJ-KW Member Posts: 68 New User
    Options

this is pretty normal, my leds turn off automaticlly when i don't use my keyboard, its good if you want to save the power and prolong the life of the leds, but incase if you want to change the settings, i think its possible either on predatorsense or battery power and saving settings..

• xkenpaii
    xkenpaii Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    i have the same problem, i own a Predator 15 (GTX 1060). As soon as i remove the charger, after 10-20 seconds, the keyboard backlight will turn off and also the lighting of the predator logo behind the monitor. I can't find it on the predatorsense, predator sense is a basic software, so the solution is not in there. can you help me with this kind of problem?
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    edited April 2018
    Options
    On battery hit FN+F7 to enable keyboard backlight. (on the Helios)

You can check for a similar backlight control button on the G9.

I can check mine tonight to see which one does it. 
    - Hotel Hero
  • swenak
    swenak Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Options
    For me this is good and same functionality I want while on power and for all keys and display back too. I dont power off notebook and at night, it is disturbing :-(
  • Red-Sand
    Options
    It's pretty normal for laptops keyboard backlighting to disable on battery.

Not sure it can be enabled 100% of the time.
    - Hotel Hero