ACER VN7-592G-74F6 trackpad problems

muz94
muz94 Member Posts: 23 New User

Hi, i've just bought this pc, but i immediately noticed that the trackpad it's not well put together. It is slightly lifted on the bottom edge, i can almost see what's underneath, and when i tap on it (not click) it makes a really (REALLY) terrible sound.
So i got back to the store, i swapped with a new one, but.... the problem is still there, identical.
Also, the one exposed has a similar problem, it is not lifted, but is positioned all the way up, so that on the bottom there is a big gap (but at least that one does not move when you tap it).
What should i do? Of 3 notebooks that i've seen, every single one has similar issues.
Should i return it and get my THOUSAND EUROS back?
How can Acer put this few attention to the way ther pc are assembled? And it's not even a cheap one...
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6mRkcmR2CnzLWp3MlR4Sm9nUjA

At the moment, after seeing that every unit is assembled this bad i don't see any solution other than getting my money back and going to some other brands....

ps: I also get some annoyng light bleeding when i very lightly touch the screen frame, but only on black screen.
This also is something you don't expect on a 1000 euros pc (1000 during an offer, without offers it costs 1200 euros)...

Answers

• RadeonHD
    RadeonHD Member Posts: 43 Troubleshooter

I have noticed the same problem with the trackpad being noisy on my vn7. So I went back to the store and noticed other similar models had the same issue. Good thing I don't use the trackpad as I always use my Zalman wireless mouse.

• muz94

Is your trackpad noisy also when you only touch it (like in the video) , without clicking?

It also looks lifted on one edge, you Can see it on the video, the touchpad in One point is higer than the rest of the body

• RadeonHD

Yes it is noisy when I touch it, without clicking on it, same as yours. And mine is also a bit lifted on the front side. I can see a bit what is underneath it.

Good thing the rest of the laptop is very good, otherwise I would have returned it.

• muz94

I use a lot the trackpad, i can't accept that the laptop i'll be using for 5-6 years has an issue like this ????

Every review i've seen says that it has a very good touchpad, there must be something going on with this version, maybe the 16gb model is manifacrtured in a differenti factory....

I hate the idea of bringing it back, i can't find any other pc with a gtx960m and Thunderbolt 3 for this price

• RadeonHD

Mine had only 4 gb ram and I upgraded it to 8Gb and 850 EVO ssd.

• muz94

mmmm so it doesn't even depend to the model...

I asket on amazon and the guy who answered said that his one is ok, so i don't know what to do, should i keep asking for a replacement until i get a good one? LOL

I don't think that the seller would be happy

Now i've written to acer and to the seller too, i really hope that someone will give me a decent solution, because i really want to keep this pc

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi,

I have a 591G and I have similar situation, when I touch the trackpad it makes the same noise. However, I was tinkering around and opened the notebook (for other reasons) and I saw that the trackpad is secured firmly, so the issue is somewhere inside the trackpad itself. Poor design in my opinion, and sometimes if I push hard on it the sound goes away for a short time.

Probably acer will listen and the next generation of these notebooks will have a better trackpad..., but I don't have any other solution to this, just to use a mouse :-)