Acer Predator G9-792-77K4 issue

Options
BurnStrike
BurnStrike Member Posts: 13 New User

Hi there!

I really need help guys(i would like a response from acer)

I am having some issues with Acer Predator G9-792-77K4

In Windows 10 when i press on notifications icon and try to activate from there tablet mode or bluetooth and i move my mouse from that button ...can be seen a mouse lag..I tried to watch to a video from youtube and while i watch, to press them..and video lags same.

I know isn't that important, but that that mouse lag makes some of my games to freeze randomly.

I sent the laptop to authorized service from Acer but they didn't found anything...they just changed SSD but that didn't fixed the problem.

As i saw if i disable Intel HD 530 or Nvidia gtx 970m from Device manager that thing doesn't happen.

So i tried to find other drivers but was useless.

So...is an Hardware,Drivers issue or from Windows 10?

Sorry for bad English.

Thank you!

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

At this point, i think it's better to contact Acer support service again.

if you want to try a last thing, from device manager, uninstall the Intel HD530 device and choose to uninstall software too, reboot and let windows re-install the driver.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• beststevie
    beststevie ACE Posts: 506 Pioneer
    Options

Hi,

not easy to solve, because, there can be many reasons for such an behaviour.

- can you reproduce this behaviour with another mouse?

- did you already try antoher usb slot?

- can you take a look in the windows events > system, please? Are there any messages around the time, the error happens?

- what drivers are currently installed (all drivers from Acer?)?

- how often does the error occcur? Frequence?

steve

• BurnStrike
    Options

Hi! And thanks for response.

- First time i thought is from mouse too but isn't...i tried with other mouse and is still same.

And can't be from mouse because with touchpad is same.

- I tried other USB..same

- There's no error ...at every driver says "This device is working properly." and i do not have any error while i press on tablet mode or bluetooth...mouse just stucks

- Drivers are installed with Windows Update because Acer removed Drivers for Integrated,Dedicated and others

- This lag happens everytime ...as i said...i Disabled Integrated Graphic and Dedicated, and that thing didn't happend again.

Everything is updated

• AJ-KW
    AJ-KW Member Posts: 68 New User
    Options

Seems like a tricky issue, i have similar model as yours maybe a little different? are you using the 4K one?

my other question does this lag only happen when you open up the notification tab?

i had this issue on one of my custom desktops, computer freezes when i open the notification tab, never figured it out as all my drivers were on latest version, as well as the windows, i'd highly recommend you to upgrade windows 10 to the latest anniversary version as it might resolve this issue, the update was released on august 2nd, keep us posted and giving us more information like errors or crash reports might help alot, hope to hear from you!

AJ KW

• BurnStrike
    Options

Hi there and thanks for response.

Is FullHD version

Intel Core i7 6700HQ

NVIDIA GTX 970M,6GB

Is not happening only in notification bar..

For exemple if i move my mouse around desktop and i get a notification ...my mouse gets stuck there when i get the notification.

I wouldn't really hate this thing but that freeze happens in some games like csgo.

• AJ-KW
    Options

ok, the best temp solution i can recommend for now is to disable notifications

lets see if this eliminates the issue

do more research to find proper fix

• BurnStrike
    Options

i tried that long ago ...that didn't fixed..

As i said...if i disable Intel HD 530 or NVIDIA driver, everything works good,but i cannot play games with Intel HD 530 is too slow for that,and if i disable Intel driver i cannot run any  program or game with NVIDIA driver.(gives me a error)

Windows is original..i cannot really understand why is happening.

• AJ-KW
    Options

Have you tried factory reset? make sure you backup your system on flash using acer care before doing that

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/system-restore-factory-reset-work-windows-10/

hopefully this works for you, the issue might be from windows 10

• BurnStrike
    Options

Resetting didn't fixed.

First time i reseted with option to keep my files and worked for few minutes good..but after a while error was back.(i didn't installed anything.

Then i reseted with option to delete everything from C...and is same.

• BurnStrike
    Options

I installed Windows 7 and then Windows 8.1 but problems was like that...

I couldn't find Drivers for Windows 7 ...especially for Wi-Fi which was more needed.

So then i decided to install Windows 8.1.. and i installed some Drivers what i had before Acer to remove them from website.

Everything worked fine without any lag..but i think something wasn't good..my fans was always in full rpm

without any high procces or gaming.

So i cannot change my software.

Haves to be from Windows 10...but what can i do? I cannot play games for exemple at CSGO when i try to shoot somebody lag comes randomly and i get shooted by that guy instead i to shoot him...or in Arms Race when an enemy gets to ultimate weapon...(golden knife) i get knifed without to know,,,because of that mouse freeze,stuck or whatever shall be called.

• BurnStrike
    Options

Hello there again...

I sent the laptop again to service and they didn't found anything...but they changed motherboard..But seems like that didn't fixed.Means is a software issue...how can be like that if we have same laptops and no one haves this issue...only me..i cannot understand.

From where u took Intel driver....Acer deleted the driver from website..?

• Ice-9
    Ice-9 Member Posts: 29

Tinkerer

Options

Your problem is with Optimus. I'll bet you. First off update your intel HD Drivers from intel's website. Also, check your power settings and make sure you have high perrormance set, I'd try that first. It could be a cpu throttling issue or a GPU optimus issue, first try high performance in your power options.

Next download the latest drivers from the Nvidia Site. Try it again. Also, go to your intel control panel for graphics, under 3d turn on high performance. I'd try any of those things and see if it clears your issue up.

I'm betting it's drivers. Good luck!

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options

I don't own the same predator model as you but my GX-791 had a similar problem first when i bought it. It had the old nvidia driver and the mouse was freezing from time to time but after updating the driver the problem got fixed, so I am assuming that your problem has something to do with drivers as Ice-9 is stating. I advice you to install latest nvidia and intel drivers, or try uninstalling the intel hd graphics driver and then downloading the latest driver. Here it is a bit tricky. First download the latest hd graphics driver the ''.exe'' one. Then uninstall the intel hd graphics driver right click on windows icon(bottom left) then device manager then display drivers, then right click on intel hd graphics 530 and uninstall. After you have uninstalled the driver restart your pc and make sure your wifi is turned off as after rebooting the OS will install the same driver again. Install the newest driver after rebooting and if this doesn't fix the problem then try uninstalling the intel hd graphics driver again and try running your predator set to maximum performance without hd graphics driver . I wish they've made a button on the laptop that switches between integrated and dedicated graphics easily.

It is likely that this freezing is caused by your PC constantly changing between integrated and dedicated graphics.

I really hope this helps.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• BurnStrike
    Options

Ice-9 I tried what you said...is same.Is a strange thing like if i disable nvidia driver everything is working fine, but i cannot play games in Intel HD 530 only.Then if i disable Intel HD 530 is again same..everything is working fine but i cannot open any game without Intel HD 530.Idk what can be....every driver is updated..i checked every single one.

• BurnStrike
    Options

I downloaded latest driver from Intel website,but i have issues with them...like icons are dissapearing etc. like an driver incompatibility

• IronFly
    Options
  • BurnStrike
    Options

It is same.. I saw when i open something with Nvidia graphic (like Firefox,Chrome almost anything) the lag/freeze doesn't happens anymore(as long as Nvidia haves a procces)So from what can be?Nvidia driver is updated to latest version everything is updated and still lags.I sent to authorized Acer service and first time they replaced ssd and 2th time they said.. doesn't have anything but they replaced Motherboard to ensure that is not a Hardware issue.I don't understand why i have, and anyone else don't have this kind of freeze.

• IronFly
    Options

if they really replaced teh mainboard, we need to exclude an hardware issue (apart a bad batch but i think we will find more posts/threads about this issue here).

So looking at the software side, have you installed a third party antivirus like AVG or similar?

• BurnStrike
    Options

I don't have any antivirus installed.I tried to reinstall windows...everything works fine until Nvidia driver gets installed.But i updated it i cannot understand might be from Windows 10?Is something to do with graphics ...is like they don't like each other.

• IronFly
    Options

i don't have your model so...i'm guessing what can be the issue.

Does your nVidia driver has Optimus software?

have you set nvidia graphic to best performance?

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32163/~/how-to-change-nvidia-optimus-graphics-settings#_ga=1.231107295.1726682513.1446488832

Which BIOS version has your laptop?

windows logo key + r

msinfo32

report BIOS date/version string

• BurnStrike
    Options

I tried that and is same ...is more worse then with hot key from PredatorSense to use only Nvdia.

Bios version is

1.Update Micro code 2. Update ME version1.05