Acer aspire switch v10 wifi problem.

Options
Welly
Welly Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,

Im sorry if this has been asked before but i have looked and cant see this problem.

My friend got an Acer Aspire Switch V10 from the EE shop with mobile internet but want to connect it too Wifi when shes at home.

The problem is that there is no option for Wifi anywhere that i can see. My Windows 10 laptop has it in the Notifications panel and the under Network in settings. But this dont?????? How would you connect to a Wifi network?

Thanks for any help you can give and hopefully im not just missing something Smiley Happy

Welly

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,921 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

It is possible that it has, for some reason, got the wireless disabled. There is a keypress (Fn-F3 on this laptop, likely different on the Switch) that toggles wifi on and off. In addition you can disable/enable the wifi device in Network and Sharing Center, go to Change adapter settings. If it doesn't show up there it's possible the driver is corrupt or missing, go to Device Manager and look for anything flagged as a problem. Finally it's possible there is a hardware problem in which case it will not show anywhere. That requires a trip to the repair depot. Smiley Sad

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,921 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

It is possible that it has, for some reason, got the wireless disabled. There is a keypress (Fn-F3 on this laptop, likely different on the Switch) that toggles wifi on and off. In addition you can disable/enable the wifi device in Network and Sharing Center, go to Change adapter settings. If it doesn't show up there it's possible the driver is corrupt or missing, go to Device Manager and look for anything flagged as a problem. Finally it's possible there is a hardware problem in which case it will not show anywhere. That requires a trip to the repair depot. Smiley Sad

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Welly
    Welly Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I managed to sort it by doing a reset. nothing was showing as not working but just no option for it. I was brand new but all sorted now and thanks for you reply Smiley Happy