Where to get Dolby drivers?

SnowPin
SnowPin Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited February 2018 in Predator Laptops

Unfortunately, I had to restore my laptop and the drive with the acer recovery failed. So I had to buy a new one and re-install windows from scratch. 

On the Acer Drivers page, it has Realtek audio drivers, which before, I never noticed EVER on the laptop. I always used the Dolby Audio Manager. 

Now, On the drivers page for the predator 15 G9-591, they don't have dolby drivers anywhere, and nomatter where I look, I can't find the drivers for it.

Anyone know where I can find them so the subwoofer works?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Realtek drivers are the good one, Dolby is just a software sound engine and it's embedded on the Realtek drivers.

by the way, if you bought the Acer recovery disks, normally the Realtek+Dolby drivers will be automatically re-installed.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • SnowPin

Tinkerer

I didnt buy the acer disc. 

The thing I like about the dolby drivers is that I can turn on music mode and use the subwoofer, which just realtek I can't turn them on and such, my laptops speakers sound like **bleep** without dolby on.

• SnowPin

Tinkerer

Found them. seems they hide them in the DAX2 folder of the realtek drivers. kinda annoying, they should install automatically with them/

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

i agree.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • beststevie
    beststevie ACE Posts: 506 Pioneer

Hi,

yes, the driver has not really much options. The sound here is adjusted like stereo only (2:2).

But one more question, why did you buy something for a fresh install of Windows? You can download it for free.

The Acer installation is not bad at all but it brings nothing really additional except the OEM software like the DVD program.

I would really advice to take the most current driver for the Sound which is only available for another model.

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/Audio/Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.7695_W10x64_A.zip?acerid=636009713076516591&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=PREDATOR&Step3=PREDATOR%20G9-592&OS=ALL&LC=de&BC=ACER&SC=EMEA_8

if you download it an install it, the old driver will be removed and reboot automatically. After it it starts with the installation.

but if you don't encounter any problems....never change a running system Smiley Wink

...or was it ... the forces are with you? ... Smiley Happy

• SnowPin

Tinkerer

People need to read. " the drive with the acer recovery failed." DRIVE FAILURE. Not windows, DRIVE. 

• yan870126
    yan870126 Member Posts: 21 Troubleshooter
    SnowPin said:

Found them. seems they hide them in the DAX2 folder of the realtek drivers. kinda annoying, they should install automatically with them/

after installed the software the icon in the status bar are not there and when tried to open the EXE file it's shows nothing. now i couldn't set my equalizer at all....please help... 
  • Saty
    Saty Member Posts: 1 New User
    Dude SnowPin thank you so much i have been looking for that ***** stupid dolby driver for 4 hours now and finally found it in that DAX2 folder tahnk you so much.
  • FingersAU
    FingersAU Member Posts: 2 New User
    Okay, getting worse with tech as i get odler haha, now know how my parents used to feel lol.
    But i had to reinstall windows on my predator laptop and now have lost my "Dolby" app too, sound is so quiet without it... cant find this "DAX2" folder, cant find the right app/software to install (*the dolby app they have is also *****).... any help for someone who isnt used to drivers etc?
  • FingersAU
    FingersAU Member Posts: 2 New User
    dont worry, after clicking on beststevies link... i found it.
    Thank you all btw, this has been a month of me searching lol. Stupidest decision to not just make it install itself.
  • audiopathik
    audiopathik Member Posts: 4 New User
    Thanks for this thread, I was in the same situation, I had to format drive c: and reinstall windows and could not find the Dolby Audio Software after, it is actually in the DAX2 folder of the Realtek driver.
    I was also able to install the Dolby Advanced Audio from the PCEE4 folder in the Realtek driver archive as well, which is essentially the same with less features.
    There is even more Dolby Software in the Realtek driver archive, but I could not install them as they need additional software ("Dolby Digital Plus").

I like the Realtek Audio Manager for you used to be able to remove the hearing protection to make the sound go considerably louder than your normal max. volume, but I love the full, rich sound the Dolby Audio software produces!
  • JohnCena
    JohnCena Member Posts: 460 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    I know.
    Be sure your device supports Dolby Audio
    First go to Acer's site. 
    Second go to drivers' part and choose your computer/laptop there.
    Install audio driver
    Extract the .rar file
    Find DAX2 folder there
    Click on the setup
    You're done!
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    You can just reinstall the Realtek driver from Acers website and Dolby should automatically be installed afterwards. 
    - Hotel Hero
  • nitinpai300
    nitinpai300 Member Posts: 1 New User
    The latest drivers are automatically installed like had downloaded the Realtek driver but I originally had the dolby after restart there was only dolby as it was on the old one 
  • RegosGabor
    RegosGabor Member Posts: 25 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    At the acer driver support webpage.
  • gaurav2123
    gaurav2123 Member Posts: 1 New User
    how to recover dolby in my lapi 
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,581 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    What do you mean by recovering Dolby?
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,581 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    What do you mean by recovering Dolby?
    Thanks for this thread, I was in the same situation, I had to format drive c: and reinstall windows and could not find the Dolby Audio Software after, it is actually in the DAX2 folder of the Realtek driver.
    I was also able to install the Dolby Advanced Audio from the PCEE4 folder in the Realtek driver archive as well, which is essentially the same with less features.
    There is even more Dolby Software in the Realtek driver archive, but I could not install them as they need additional software ("Dolby Digital Plus").

I like the Realtek Audio Manager for you used to be able to remove the hearing protection to make the sound go considerably louder than your normal max. volume, but I love the full, rich sound the Dolby Audio software produces!
    Btw, some people like me had got Dolby installed automatically when Realtek drivers were installed.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!