Failed A1-810 OTA KitKat Update

netready
netready Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

Hi, I finally decided to update my 3 year old stock A1-810 to the KitKat OTA update. Unfortunately something went wrong and now I can't get past the Acer boot logo. I have read the other threads and tried everything I could find e.g. hard reset, holding the power button in for 20secs then plugging in and holding for a further 10 secs but nothing has worked.

I can boot into the recovery which is now different so it looks like the recovery updated to the KitKat version but I think I now need the KitKit update.zip to fix this. This is what shows on the new recovery screen:

Acer_AV0K0_A1-810_1.029.00_WW_GEN1. Can someone please help me to get the correct update.zip so I can flash it from recovery and fix my tablet as currently it is just a fancy paper weight. Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

check your private messages

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • netready
    netready Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for your help IronFly,

Unfortunately I have already looked there but non of the update.zip files seem to match my build. Surely Acer have this firmware available somewhere? I remember downloading the RV27RC03 firmware from the Acer site a couple years ago but even it is gone now. When I try to flash it (as I still have a copy) it fails and says the build is incorrect so it only wants the AV0K0 firmware. C'mon Acer get your act together!

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

ok, check PM again. Smiley Wink

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • avh
    avh Member Posts: 2 New User

I have a similar problem. My A1-810 will no longer boot up. I can get to the Android system recovery screen, where I've tried to "apply update from external storage" using an SD card. I've tried using the correct regional version of the driver I find on the Acer site (PA_CA). But the site shows Jellybean 4.2 only, and my tablet had already been upgraded to Kitkat a long time ago, so this doesn't work.

So, I believe I need the Kitkat update.zip (for PA_CA). But I've done my best to search the internet high and low, and can't find it. Does anyone have it?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,507 Trailblazer

I didn't think that Acer ever released Kit Kat for the A1-810. You might have loaded some third party port though...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • avh
    avh Member Posts: 2 New User

There actually was an OTA Kitkat update. (I've never used any third party OS on my tablet.) But for some reason only the Jellybean images are available on the Acer site, which seems to leave me hooped.