XB270HU bprz capped at 85hz

dhend86
dhend86 Member Posts: 1 New User

Just bought an ACER xb270hu bprz open box, i was able to hook it up at Fry's and look at the screen and i verified that it attained 144hz, but as soon as i got home and hooked it up i'm getting a max of 85hz, and if i try to go higher the screen just goes black. In the OSD i have it set to 144hz max but in the Information section of the OSD it does indeed say MAX REFRESH RATE: 85hz. UMLB is off as well and i have a GTX 1080.

I did not use the cable in the box at Fry's to verify that it was a good screen and able to get 144hz. We pulled a displayport off of a floor PC. Am i right in thinking the the cable in the box isn't 1.2 compliant? Is there a mysterious setting i'm missing?

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks!

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

We have verified that the included cable that came in the box from factory works at 144Hz using a PNY GT1080 video card. Since this is an open box purchase we cannot say that the cable you have is the one that shipped with the monitor. But with that said, I would try a different cable to see if this resolves the issue. You can also contact the US support number for assistance as well.