Acer Predator G9-792 Killer Wireless Lan to Slow

Matsumoto
Matsumoto Member Posts: 10 New User

Hi there first of all im sorry for my not perfect english =)

Ive needed to reinstall my System and Downloaded all Drivers from the Acer Website which is for my Laptop. But since the Killer Wlan Driver Install my Wireless Lan is to slow. Before i formatted my System i downloaded with 5-7 Mb/s and now im happy if i reach 1 MB/s .. I hope someone can help me with my Problem... 

The other thing is that when the Killer software was new when i first bought the Laptop ive got an Option where i could change something for playing Games that i dont loose much ping or something like this.. But i cant find this option in the new install.

Hope someone can help me 

Thx 

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

i suggest you to uninstall the Acer Killer drivers and install the one from the Killer website:

http://www.killernetworking.com/product-support/driver-downloads

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Matsumoto

yeah ive downloaded it first from the killer website and then it was to slow then i went to the acer site and downloaded it from there and it was still slow Smiley Sad

• dongdurex
    dongdurex Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Matsumoto-san (bad pun indeed lol)

I know this sound irrelevant, but did you check your router settings yet?

If so then

Firstly, I really recommend using Killer Network driver from the official website as Ironfly pointed out.

After that try to disable both double-shot pro feature and automatic application optimization in Killer setting.

The automatic optimization limited the internet usage for specific apps and the default setting is terrible, if you really want to use this feature I recommend you to check the apps priorities manually.

P.S. I'm not sure about the name of the feature though since I'm at work but it should be similar to above. 

• Matsumoto

ok ive now using the killer original latest driver but its still the same ive checked already my router with another laptop and the same OS ( Win 10 ) There i can download with 5-6 MB/s but on my predator only 1,2 MB/s.

The Strange thing is that when i plug in my LAN Cable i download with 5-6 MB/s.

So i think the problem is with the Wireless Drivers.. Ive tested now from Acer and from Killer directly both are not good and to slow on wireless.

Ive disabled the 2 Functions in Killer Settings but nothing Changed =(

So what now? =(

• dongdurex
    dongdurex Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Could you access Device manager and screenshot what is under "Network adapters"

Perhaps some virtual network adapters are messing with your wireless adapters

(This happens to me with Connectify with windows 10 and Killer Adapter)

Also, I would like to know how did you test the download speed?

Were you downloading the same file from the same site compare to each connection?

• Matsumoto

Here is my Screenshot =)

devicemanager.jpg

Ive tested the download speed like this.

I was at my Desktop PC and went to speedtest.net and after that i tested it on Steam via Downloading a Game where i have 5,6 MB/s all the time.

Then i was doing the Same on my laptop. And yeah it was much slower than my Desktop PC. Like i Said my Laptop was just fine when i just bought it until i messed up with Raid Setup and needed to Clean install all.