Aspire F5-571-50S0 not powering up

GaskellDave
GaskellDave Member Posts: 2 New User

Not sure if this is the right board but I couldnt' see a board for the Aspire F5 series of laptops.

My laptop shut down unexpectedly yesterday whilst powered to the AC mains.   I did not see any unusual messages on the screen.  Since that time, I have not been able to power up the laptop at all.  It does nothing and is completely unresponsive.  When connected to the mains power, no light even appears at the front of the machine so it is as if the laptop is completely dead.

I can see that there is some guidance for other models to do a power reset by removing the battery and holding down the power button for 30 seconds BUT with the Aspire F5 series, the battery is internal and I would need to completely unscrew and remove the laptop case to access it so I'm reluctant to do that unless it is a definite thing that will fix the laptop.

I have tried to raise a support ticket here but no response yet.   Does anyone here have any suggestions?   I have only bought the laptop new 4 months ago!!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer

This machine should still be under warranty so I'd advise not messing with it any further. Where are you located?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• GaskellDave
    GaskellDave Member Posts: 2 New User

I got an email reply last week telling me to unplug from the mains, put a pin into the battery reset hole on the underside of the machine for around 30 seconds.  Then to plug into the mains and try to boot up again.  Everything worked again when I did this.  No idea why it did it in the first place but at least I'm up and running again now.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer

>>>Everything worked again when I did this.>>>

Seems good!

>>>No idea why it did it in the first place but at least I'm up and running again now.>>>

Was there a full moon? 8^)

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ