predator start up sound disable and keyboard backlighting adjustment

yymil
yymil Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

Hey,

I got a Predator 17 laptop yesterday. Really happy with it, but the factory set start up sound is horrible and really loud. Is there any way of disabling it somehow? Couldn't find any solution online or in regular settings (Windows start up sound is already disabled but the Predator start up sound persists). Also tried turning the system volume off completely before restarting, no effect.

Also wondering about the keyboard backlighting: when the laptop is plugged in, the backlighting stays on continuously, but when on battery, it times out after a moment if not using the keyboard. Is this adjustable somewhere? Tried searching for settings for this but only found how to toggle the backlighting off completely.

These aren't dealbreaking problems, but especially the first is very awkward.

Thanks!

Answers

• Zahir89
    Zahir89 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter

Yes the first problem is annoying. You can disable the boot sound form the bios settings, during a boot keep pressing F2 rapidly to enter the bios settings. In the Bios you can disable the sound in the ''Main'' tab ''POST Animation & Sound'' and disable it.

For the second issue I don't quite get it, but you can disable the keyboard backlight by pressing the ''Fn'' and ''F9'' keys. Hope it helps.

• yymil
    Wow, thanks for the quick reply! I did what you suggested for the first problem and it worked, phew. That start up sound was doing my head in. You're a real life saver!
    I read my explanation of the second issue now and noticed how incoherent I was, so I'll try again..
    I would like the keyboard backlighting to stay on all the time. It does when the laptop is connected to the charger, but when disconnected and on battery power the keyboard backlighting goes out after 30 seconds if I don't touch any keys. Is there any way of changing this setting?
  • Zahir89
    Zahir89 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter

Ahh now I get it. I'm afraid you can't keep the keyboad lights active while running on battery, the 30 second auto

disabling of the lights is a part of conserving the power as it's running on battery. I checked it out myself and did not come across any settings to keep the keyboad backlight active on battery. None the less the keys light up as soon as you start typing which isn't bad lol.

• yymil
    Haha yeah, this is a small problem to learn to live with. Thanks so much for your help!
  • MuhammadSaad
    MuhammadSaad Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello friends!! I've problem in my Acer Predator 17 its boot up sound of Predator is not coming, I open BIOS setting to  enable POST  Animation & Sound'' but its gone grey cannot enabled it, what to do please help :( 
  • JIHADTAKI
    JIHADTAKI Member Posts: 3 New User
    same probleme with muhammadsaad