Predator G9-792 Dolby drivers can't find,...

Options
zero0018
zero0018 Member Posts: 5 New User

Before you ask, I've already looked on this forum and the acer forums. The solutions presented in the two theads here did not work. The other solutions I've found point to lenovo drivers of the dolby audio. The other result I found had you use acer care and then under recovery there was suppose to be an option to reinstall drivers. Mine however, only has the option to setup a back up drive.

I've talked to acer customer support and they don't have the drivers which astounds me. I'm now at a loss. I don't know how to get these drivers back. I had to do a reinstall of windows and had no idea this would be this much of a nightmare to find audio drivers....

Can someone help me please? 

Answers

• zero0018
    Options

If someone has the pre-installed version of windows 10, there should be a folder called:

C:\OEM

In this folder there should be some instance of a dolby installer. Could someone please let me know if you have it and upload it to a file hosting site or e-mail it to me. Please. It would be very apprciated!

• zero0018
    Options

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/5993-latest-realtek-hd-audio-driver-version-94.html

FINALLY found a driver that enabled Dolby audio inside the driver!?! You can right click on the speaker icon in the bottom right, hit playback options, then select speakers, then properties, and you should see a dolby audio option now and it should be enabled by default.

HOWEVER, the application for adjusting the EQ settings and switching between modes like game, movie, etc is nowhere to be found. It's called "Dolby Audio X2 Windows App" and I cannot find it anywhere on the internet. 

Anyone have this?

• Matsumoto
    Matsumoto Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options

yeah ive found it on the german forums.

ive got the same problem as you i just reinstalled it and now it works just fine with dolby =)

Click Here =)

• zero0018
    Options

Thanks.

Does this include the software that lets you switch EQ settings?

• Matsumoto
    Matsumoto Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options
    Yes Smiley Happy
  • zero0018
    Options

That did not install the software... I am able to enable dolby in the audio prefereces but no way to change the EQ settings.