next@acer 2020

Can't Find AcerCloud Client to remove it. It's using too much CPU and I don't even use it.

HI, So I am trying my hand at streaming and running the programs is fine on my cpu and doesn't go over 70%. However, I've been noticing that AcerCloud Client (32bit) sometimes decides to take up CPU usage, often maing my CPU usage up to 100% and I don't even use it.  Normally I wouldn't notice but my streaming software (OBS) crashes and disconnects me when CPU usage gets too high and it's really frustrating especially since I don't even use the program.

I've gone looking for it to remove it but in my programs list it's not there.  I've removed Acer Portal because I thought that was it.  

Where is AcerCloud Client?  I want to remove it since its causing a nuisance and I'm not using it anyway.  I have Win 10.  Please help

Best Answer

• sharky25ksharky25k Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner
    Accepted Answer

Hi,

Try to remove all the softwares which are listed on this page. Probably with them you can also remove acer cloud.

Also try to navigate to C:\Program Files\Acer\Acer cloud\ and see if you find some sort of setup there which could enable you to uninstall it. If you don't find anything there, try also the Program Files (x86) folder.

FAQ & Answers

• sharky25ksharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner
    Accepted Answer

Hi,

Try to remove all the softwares which are listed on this page. Probably with them you can also remove acer cloud.

Also try to navigate to C:\Program Files\Acer\Acer cloud\ and see if you find some sort of setup there which could enable you to uninstall it. If you don't find anything there, try also the Program Files (x86) folder.

• scruzielscruziel Member Posts: 1 New User
    The relevant program to remove is Acer Open Platform (AOP) Framework. Remove that and AcerCloud Service goes away. :)
  • tech12tech12 Member Posts: 54

Tinkerer

Thanks scruziel