acer jade primo: flight mode turning off and on rapidly, phone not usable.

JackF94
JackF94 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

I've had the phone just over a week now. Tonight it started playing up by constantly turning off and on flight mode and mobile internet and signal just wont turn on at all. I've tried a hard reset and that does not work.

Answers

• Antonl
    Antonl Member Posts: 52 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Hello JackF94,
    I think you must contact Acer Service Center to solve your problem.
    You have the number to call for your country on the last page of your warrranty guide.

• JackF94

Tinkerer

Thanks Antonl,

I have sent the phone to Acer via UPS. I'm hoping that they either repair or replace the phone as it was quite expensive. There is no damage to the phone externally as it's been kept in it's case. I am a bit worried though as I have read on forums that Acer sometimes refuse to repair even under warranty, blaming customers for damage. If they repair/replace it I would be a happy customer.
  • Antonl

I think that Acer will repair your Jade Primo Smiley Happy

From which coutry are you ?
    Don't forget to keep us informed about the repairing right here Smiley Wink

• JackF94

Tinkerer

I'm in the UK. Yes, the phone should be with them on Monday. I'll keep you informed on what happens. Thanks Smiley Happy
  • JackF94

Tinkerer

The phone has arrived with Acer and the status is now stating that it's under repair.
  • Antonl
    Good news Smiley Happy
    I think you will receive receive your repaired phone on 7 working days maximum Smiley Happy
    I wait your message when you will receive your phone repaired Smiley Happy
    See you soon,
  • JackF94

Tinkerer

Thanks for letting me know, I greatly appreciate it. Will let you know. Cheers!
  • JackF94

Tinkerer

Somebody from Acer called today to say that they were waiting for a spare part to arrive to repair the phone with. Should be 5 working days.

• Antonl

Hey JackF94,

Have you received your Jade Primo from the Acer service center repaired ? Smiley Happy

Let us know Smiley Tongue

• JackF94

Tinkerer

Hi Antonl,

The phone came back last week repaired and had no issues so far. The documentation said that the motherboard was replaced. All good now! Thanks for your assistance.
  • Antonl
    You're welcome.
    I'm happy that the motherboard was replaced and that all is good now Smiley Happy
    Have a nice week-end Smiley Happy.
  • JackF94

Tinkerer

I don't know who to ask but will the hey cortana feature come to the primo anytime soon? And any work on the liquid extend lapdock?
  • Antonl
    I haven't mobile phone with Windows 10 Mobile, but have you tried that :
    https://youtu.be/0Oxn8lX3rkI
    I know that's for computers, but I think you can do the same manipulation in Windows 10 Mobile.
    You can try also that :
    http://m.windowscentral.com/enable-hey-cortana-lumia-950
    Keep me informed.