How can I recover the contacts list from my Z160 after a factory reset.

enfield250
enfield250 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

I mistakenly thought the contacts list was held on the sim card.

I used the factory reset to cure some minor issues like running slow.

Now I only have 2 contacts on my list.

When pluged into my pc the z160 shows up, but data recovery programs don't see it as a drive.

Anyone have any ideas.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

you can't recover your contact with a data recovery program, since they are stored on the system storage.

have you ever synced your phone with google?

if so, your contacts are stored on google servers:

https://contacts.google.com/u/0/preview/all

if your contacts was stored on phone...you can say goodbye at all.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • enfield250
    enfield250 Member Posts: 6 New User

Thank you, I've checked on Google and they are all there.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

You welcome.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Shehab
    Shehab Member Posts: 3 New User

One chance is to restore from your gmail, if you didn't sync contacts with it, you need looking for professional Android contacts recovery software to have a try.

• dee2
    dee2 Member Posts: 1 New User

Shehab wrote:

One chance is to restore from your gmail, if you didn't sync contacts with it, you need looking for professional MobiKin Android contacts recovery software to have a try.

I lost my contacts without backups, hope the recovery software helps.

• michael17
    michael17 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

First of all, congratulation to enfield250! Since you have synced your phone with Google, you can easily restore lost contacts list from Google backups. However, for those who don't have Android phone data backups, it's very difficult to recover lost data from the Android devices. As enfield250 said,"When pluged into my pc the z160 shows up, but data recovery programs don't see it as a drive." In fact, the common data recovery tools can't recognize the Android phone's internal storage, let alone restore lost data from the Android devices. They need professional Android data recovery tools to retrieve lost contacts, messages, and other files from their Android devices' internal storage. Hope to help those in need.