ES1-111M HDMI stopped working.

bob21157
bob21157 Member Posts: 1 New User

My Acer ES1-111M HDMI has stopped working. It was working perfect until about a week ago. I believe it's due to a resent Windows 10 update. HDMI doesn't show anywhere in Device Manager. I tried going back to Windows 8.1 , but it didn't help. I reinstalled Windows 10 Clean Install and still no HDMI output. When I plug into my TV my TV detects a HDMI device has been connected but just flashes No Signal. I have tried every driver available including the test drivers from Intel.

Almost 2 years ago I bought this to replace my HP laptop that had the exact same problem. When this happened on this Acer notebook I connected my HP to the TV Via the VGA/RGB cable. Now this Is where it gets weird. I got the HP connected and working with the RGB cable and out of curiosity I connected the HDMI cable to the HP and it made that happy noise saying it found the new device and for some reason started working. Since, I have read on the web that when this happens connecting the VGA cable first then the HDMI cable will force the PC to detect a non working port on the HDMI. Or possibly over the 2 years I've had this HP it received an update that restored the HDMI functionality.

Problem is I can't test that theory on this ES1-111M because it only has a single HDMI output.

I see this problem all over the web and wonder how many people don,t even know there HDMI port is dead because they never use it.

Answers

• angus1024
    angus1024 Member Posts: 2 New User

I had a similar problem. I wiped win10 and installed ununtu14.04 and HDMI (low resolution) worked in that whatever was on the laptop screen (including BBC iplayer programs) was echoed to the screen. I then installed ubuntu 16.04 and did not get BBC iplayer on screen so wiped everything ad reinstalled ubuntu14.04 and now I only get the ubuntu default screen. No programs are echoed to the hdmi TV screen except skyup .

No solution so far