windows xp drivers for aspire one aod257

Options
hunter2000
hunter2000 Member Posts: 3 New User

I have an Acer apire one AOD257 notebook. I did a manual install of windows XP home because the memory was to small to handle windows 7. When i finished and went to the acer driver page, I saw the my model had drivers for windows 7 32-bit. Where can i get XP drivers for Aspire one d257?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,578 Trailblazer
    Options

Does the netbook have the original hard drive? How much RAM memory does it have?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• hunter2000
    Options

yes, the drive is original and it has 1gb of it's original ram.

• JackE
    Options

If it's the original hard drive, you may be able to recover its original factory-installed operating system by pressing and holding the Alt+F10 keys on booting. This ***might*** give you an option screen to recover the operating system and drivers to a factory fresh state from a hidden recovery partition on the original hard drive if this partition is still intact. You have nothing to lose at this point by trying it.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• hunter2000
    Options

The whole drive was wiped due to a reinstall of the windows XP os and all partitions were deleted. Windows 7 Starter was the original OS with the machine. As stated, I replaced it with XP because it was way too slow with 7.

• JackE
    Options

>>>I replaced it with XP because it was way too slow with 7.>>>

With starter7? For less than $20 you can double the DDR3 memory to speed things up. The bios will likely also accept a 4GB DDR3 module for a few dollars more.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

And with 7 SP1 you can upgrade to Win 10 for a few more days. I have an Aspire 1 532h with 2GB of ram that runs Win 10 nicely. Does need more resources than XP but less than 7 or 8.

• motah33
    motah33 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

A D257 with a N570 dual-core processor and 2GB RAM, should be more than happy to run Windows 7 Starter/Home. I'm also on the hunt for XP drivers for the D257 for legacy software reasons. I found some online but I have no idea if they'll work. I don't have the machine yet but I can get it if I can sort out some XP drivers.

Regarding Windows 10, did you upgrade to Windows 10 home, and which drivers did you use, or did Windows 10 just take care of that for you?