Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

VN7-592G Bluetooth suddenly disappeared

cfortneycfortney Posts: 15Member
edited February 2018 in Nitro and Aspire Gaming

Hi All,

I turned my laptop on today and noticed that I didn't have an icon for Bluetooth on my taskbar any longer. I checked Device Manager, and Bluetooth didn't appear. So I clicked Show Hidden, and it appeared. I tried updating via Device Manager after that, didn't work. I went onto the Acer website, and downloaded both the Atheros and Intel Bluetooth drivers, neither did anything. I then uninstalled everything Bluetooth under Device Manager and restarted, hoping Windows would automatically reinstall. It seems to have made the problem worse, because now I can't even get Bluetooth to appear in Device Manager after choosing "Show Hidden". 

HELP!

FAQ & Answers

• oeverloosoeverloos Posts: 2Member

I also have this problem, I use a bluetooth mouse and minimum once a day the mouse stops working, every time the bluetooth disappeared from the devices.

I either wait a couple of seconds and click the mouse and it works again or I activate the touchpad and it starts working then. Sometimes it takes a while to reappear and I would love to have a solution for this nuisance.

• GolfyGolfy Posts: 3Member New User
    Well, my VN792G-54KE have a similar problem : Bluetooth could disappears and after reboot, still not working. And finally, after many reboot, came back.
    The bluetooth in systray still there (before reboot) but don't let me "disable/enable" bluetooth.
    In services.msc, AtherosSvc is automatic and started.
    What could I chack to avoid these disconnexions ? Thanks.
  • GolfyGolfy Posts: 3Member New User
    Back here for a short information : I've setup windows 10 services AtheroSvc to restart the service if it fail a first time (second and third times still empty). And guess what : using my PC normally (not gaming), my bluetooth has frozen... and few seconds after, the Bluetooth icon appears again in the notification zone.
    I feel the service have had a problem... but I don't know why.