I've been using an Aspire U5-710 for several months, running Windows 10 64-bit.
Although this AIO machine has been running great, it does have a few issues with the Intel Graphics card and the in-box drivers. The U5-710 features an Intel Skylake CPU, with embedded Intel HD Graphics 530 video card.
Intel has confirmed graphics issues with its Skylake CPU.
Issues that are encountered :
- the screen randomly goes black, often when scrolling in Edge.
- the screen remains black, often when coming out of sleep.
This issue occurs with the Intel HD 530 driver, build 10.18.15.4274, shipping in-box with the Acer U5-710.
- Open Device Manager
- Expand the node Display adapters
- Right-click the hardware component Intel (R) HD Graphics 530 and select Update Driver Software...
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software
- The Intel HD Graphics driver will be updated to build 188.8.131.5290 (18/02/2016) at this moment of writing. (could change to more recent builds overtime). Thank you to Microsoft Windows Update for providing an updated driver for the Intel HD Graphics 530 card !
- This will fix the Black Screen issues occured with the in-box Intel HD Graphics Display driver of the Acer Aspire U5-710 all-in-one device.
[ NOTE : Please read my other forum post as well about a Firmware Update here ]
RECOMMENDATION TO ACER:
- Please update the official drivers for the Acer Aspire U5-710 with the latest Intel HD Graphics drivers on the Acer Driver Download support website here please.
Thank you and kind regards,