Acer Travelmate P238-M connect to 2 external screens to extend my desktop

Inez
Inez Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

When in the office I need to connect to 2 large external screens to extend my desktop & also to duplicate for desktop training. The screens have vga & with my old PC could use vga to usb for each. It wont work on this laptop.  I can connect 1 screen with vga to hdmi.  Is there a different addapter I can use? There seems to be an extra small port next to the usb port which I think may be a mini display port.  Can I use both at the same time?  Its really important to be able to add more than one external screen.

Answers

• Inez
    Inez Member Posts: 3 New User

Via startech.com I have found some appropriate adapters however only if my video card supports MST & HBR2.  Anyone know if it does?

• mark001
    mark001 Member Posts: 2 New User
    > @Inez said:
    > When in the office I need to connect to 2 large external screens to extend my desktop & also to duplicate for desktop training. The screens have vga & with my old PC could use vga to usb for each. It wont work on this laptop.  I can connect 1 screen with vga to hdmi.  Is there a different addapter I can use? There seems to be an extra small port next to the usb port which I think may be a mini display port.  Can I use both at the same time?  Its really important to be able to add more than one external screen.

@inez, any solutions on this? Am also got same issue