No more wifi on my pc: Acer Aspire VN7-591G-77FH

Potato
Potato Member Posts: 29 Troubleshooter

I can't find wi fi connection on my pc. I see a symbol of a little pc with a cable (I think It's ethernet connection symbol) in the right-bottom corner of the desktop, where I was used to see waves:

WifiImage.PNG

It hasn't been a problem till yesterday because I was used to connect my pc via ethernet during the week, using an estabilshed IP address. Yesterday my pc had one or two blue screens while I was working on a virtual machine with Linux (VirtualBox) and this morning my pc observed many blue screens while turning on.

blue screen

The above screen says: "The computer ha encoutered a problem and should be restarted. Information gathering is in progress. At the end, the pc will be restarted automatically
To gather more informations, look for this error code online: 0x000001d3"

This morning the blue screen above appeared many times and so the pc rebooted many times. When I finally was able to turn it on, I observed this network problem. Clicking on the pc symbol in the first image, I see what follows:

NoMoreWifi.PNG

No more wifi!

I think it is a problem concerning my wi fi network card. This is what I saw in "device management":

DeviceManagement.PNG

Then I right-clicked on Realtek PCIe GBE Family controller and clicked on "Scan for hardware changes" and then waves appeared magically again in the right bottomed corner of the desktop and I was abled to connect my pc to wi fi network.

So I went on working and then again that blue screen...and now I'm not able to fix the problem...maybe wi fi network card is definitely dead...I have tried again to click on "Scan for hardware changes" in "device management" with no results...

Best Answer

• Potato
    Answer ✓

You have to go in acer.it, look for your correct driver (which is Wireless LAN Driver (NFA344)), install it and reboot your pc. Since you have installed w10 instead of maintaing w8.1 default system, you maybe have overwritten your drivers.

The point is that you can't see devices in "device management" before you install the correct driver...that's really weird

Answers

• Potato
    Answer ✓

You have to go in acer.it, look for your correct driver (which is Wireless LAN Driver (NFA344)), install it and reboot your pc. Since you have installed w10 instead of maintaing w8.1 default system, you maybe have overwritten your drivers.

The point is that you can't see devices in "device management" before you install the correct driver...that's really weird