bios update on acer aspire r7 572

laserwolf452
laserwolf452 Member Posts: 5 New User

just wanted to know if i can update my bios from 2.01 to 2.04 on my acer aspire r7 572 laptop

if i can will it allow me to mess with the Vram of my laptops video card. i want to push it higher then 32mb

thanks

specs

CPU - intel i5-4200 CPU 1.6 GHz 2.30 GHz

RAM - 8GB DDR3 (forgot the speed of the ram unless its 1600 mHz (ram that came with the laptop)

GPU - Intel HD Graphics family

Answers

• scrambler
    scrambler Member Posts: 127 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon

You should definitely update the BIOS, as the old one I believe crashes the laptop if you enter the BIOS and save settings.

As for the rest, I have no idea if these settings are available, you will find ut once you are there Smiley Happy

• laserwolf452

ok i hope it dont hurt my laptop if i update to 2.04 cause this is the only computer i have right now

i know how to get around the crash, happened to me a few years and ever since i used the reset button it has been working fine, i never tried the exit without saving option so idk if it do it again 

• scrambler

I updated the BIOS on two R7 572 without any problem.

Make sure you are on power supply or have enough battery Smiley Happy

• laserwolf452

ok and if i was to have an issue how can i get the issue fixed to let you know ive only updated 1 bios in my life, was told to be really careful so i been really pcky about bios updates unless i am 100% sure it will work

• scrambler

Yes you have to always be carefull when flashing the BIOS, but things have gotten a lot better over the years.

Now you can do the flash directly from within windows by double clicking the BIOS file, and it takes care of everything, including making sure the BIOS file is the right one and valid.

So all you have to do is let it do it things, do not interfere until it reboots and shuts down, and make sure it is connected to the power supply to avoid any battery failure shutdown.

I am pretty sure there are some recovery method, but I dont know them specifically.

• laserwolf452

ok i take your word for it and thanks for answering my post, i get it updated later when i get done working on my backup OS